Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 AM   #31
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I'd buy me a small house with a big studio and a tiny garden. Wait, make that a big garden. Then I'd hire me a gardener. Then I'd hire me a financial manager, and a private secretary and a bodyguard. Then I'd get in fights with all my family and friends. Then my financial manager would elope with my secretary (or gardener or bodyguard) and all my money. Then I would change my name and run away and end my life alone in bitter recrimination.

No, wait.

I'd buy me a small house with a big studio and a tiny garden. Wait, make that a big garden. Then I'd hire me a gardener. Then I'd hire me a financial manager, and a private secretary and a bodyguard. The gardener would be a poor orphan and he would fall in love with me at first sight, but I wouldn't even notice him and I would prefer partying with my new friends. But after a while I would see them for what they are, and finally notice the gardener, and we would both live happily ever after.

Yeah, right

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 04-13-2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typos!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post

Or you could start small.
Wow. This kinda gives me goose-bumps. Not sure I would want to have an be responsible for one of those. I don't want to be Gawd.

The Carl Sagan piece on it is very interesting though (from Parade magazine):

http://www.eco-sphere.com/sagan.html

bookmarked and thinking about ordering....

Thanks Mr. BeeEater!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #33
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
I'd STOP Worrying
I can identify with that for sure. They say though that money may not change that.......I'd still like to give it a try.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #34
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Mmmm, donate to friends & family, buy a modest apartment in Venice, somewhere in Dorsoduro would be nice. Take lessons to find out if I could learn to play an accordion half-way decently. Buy L O T S of ebooks and have the time to read them. Donations to developers, donations to the people who hand-craft ebooks here on MR. Large donation to help eradicate the grey skwirrill from England (so the red one can make a comeback). There might be some over-indulgence in alcoholic products and cocoa products as well.
So, that's the first month; damned if I know what to do in the second month.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #35
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Go hyper. Buy lots and lots of stuff I don't really need. Forget to buy what I really need. Give a lot, but unwisely.

Realize I'm acting like an ass. Try to stop and think. Get even more hyper.

Try to stop the world.

Isolate myself. Stay alone and depressed, with burst of hyper-spending and improper hapiness. Cut everyone from my life.

I'm not fit to have money.

But I really really want to have more of it!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #36
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Buy some good dark chocolate and some good red wine.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #37
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I'd enter a shopping spree. Once I've done it, I'd make three parts each month. One part would come to buy some paper like bonds, and risk-free assets. The other third would go to the stock market. And I'd use the other third for my personal consumption. Mind you, 333.333 dollars per month should be enough for a small flat in a beautiful city for me and my dear, and the maid of course. I'd be too busy doing the dolce far niente to be caring about cooking or washing the laundry.

Oh, and I'd read and write. Like only the unoccupied noblemen know how.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #38
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Go hyper. Buy lots and lots of stuff I don't really need. Forget to buy what I really need. Give a lot, but unwisely.

Realize I'm acting like an ass. Try to stop and think. Get even more hyper.

Try to stop the world.

Isolate myself. Stay alone and depressed, with burst of hyper-spending and improper hapiness. Cut everyone from my life.

I'm not fit to have money.

But I really really want to have more of it!
VCat, I like your plan.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #39
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'd quite like to try living on a cruise ship. Not sure what a million-a-month would buy on The World.
You'll have to wait a bit. The minimum income is $5 mil.

I would use the money to fund two pet projects of mine: Finding ways of easily retrofitting existing homes to be significantly more power-independent (using alternative energies to power them); and cheaply retrofitting existing automobiles from gas engines to electric plants. I believe both efforts would ease our reliance on coal and oil, and give us more time to develop alternatives whilst simultaneously easing the pressure on the environment.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #40
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I would become irrestible to women; but I would spurn them haughtily, pah!

(I think spurn is the word I was looking for.)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #41
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'd quite like to try living on a cruise ship. Not sure what a million-a-month would buy on The World.
That sounds very close to hell to me I'd rather try Verencat's suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #42
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'd buy $1 million dollars of land every month and boot off of it anything that looks hoominish.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #43
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'd buy $1 million dollars of land every month and boot off of it anything that looks hoominish.
That could work.....at least until you backed them into a corner....
Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #44
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
After the first year or so of spending wildly and hoarding like Ebenezer Scrooge (I know, it's and oxymoron , but with that much money it’s doable) I’d prolly end up giving most of it away.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #45
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That could work.....at least until you backed them into a corner....
Right. At that time I'd start buying hoomin repellant.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote