Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-12-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
For all you Plucker users out there....

I converted the iSiloX Web Channel Collection V1.1.0 so that you can use it with JPluckX. Note that only basic iSiloX settings were converted, including:

Title
Source
Maximum link depth
Follow off-site links
Follow sub folder links
Include images
Include image alt. text
Text colors
Default category

Important
iSilo V3.3 supports RegEx include/exclude pattern. These were *not* converted. Be prepared that some channels won't work with JPluckX (e.g. some BBC channels) without further customization.

Alex
Attached Files
File Type: zip wcc110plucker.zip (20.5 KB, 3564 views)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:34 PM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
I've got rougly 900 pda-sized URLs going into an online system I'm building at http://my.plkr.org soon.

I'll be comparing the sites I have with the WCC sites, to make sure there are no dupes. Once it's up, I'd like the community to maintain the "freshness" of the sites listed and the metadata, as they did for http://openurls.plkr.org/.

I personally do not like the JPluck XML format, it leaves out quite a few attributes, but those will be corrected in time. I use perl to fetch my websites and convert them to Plucker. So far, it's the fastest thing I've seen do it (and the most capable).

Keep up the good work.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2004, 03:48 AM   #3
Maya
Maya began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne T3
Problem viewing images with Plucker & Sunrise

Hi,
Excuse my somewhat newbie question but I am failing time and again to view full images in Plucker. For example I used the link posted on MobileRead for comics:http://www.turcic.com/avantgo/comics.shtml
and specified largest image size as 1000*1000 with 280 colors.
Now when I watch the page with Plucker on my Tungsten T3, images are cut to screen size, and I see no way to scroll through them or anything.
On the other hand I do know that some ducments of mine which have images in them give me the option to see it fully using scrolls when I double click on them.

Does anyone have a clue to what I am doing wrong?
Maya is offline   Reply With Quote