Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Wi-fi on and off, on and off, etc

Hi, my Kindle Fire HD 7" just recently started losing connection, on and off, on and off, constantly. Has anyone experienced this? I powered off and back on, no change. My internet is fine, it hasn't changed, same with the router, nothing else is being dropped. Any suggestions? I'm wondering if it is due to a recent update? Maybe I should deregister and re-register? Or factory reset?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
That is indeed weird.

I don't have the HD, but as nobody has replied, I have a couple of suggestions.

First do an overnight recharge, just in case the battery is getting flaky. Then, as you mention, a factory reset.

I certainly would call customer service. They are always great, and it is worth getting their input.

Good luck.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You didn't mention the type of internet service you have. I had a somewhat similar problem - I have Time Warner cable with a wireless router - over a holiday weekend apparently everyone in the neighborhood jumped online - and clogged the bandwidth my router was using - which resulted in my Fire repeatedly losing/finding a WiFi connection. Power cycling the router (unplug, then replug power cord) solved the problem - apparently this allowed the router to find a new channel to connect with, not overloaded with users.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I have high speed cable internet. I probably should unplug the router. Well I think mine has an off button. I'll do it later when the kids aren't all using the wifi for this and that. I'll report back. My device is probably out of warranty by this time.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

And...it was the router! Mine has a button on the back. So I just turned it off for a couple minutes, then back on. Just now checking my Fire, and didn't lose connection at all for the 5 minutes I had it on. Yes!
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Excellent news - I now power cycle the router at least weekly to prevent this from developing again.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote