Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
notzed
notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kobo touch
Question hacking: wifi & suspend?

Morning,

Wondering if anyone has worked out how to init and shutdown wifi and suspend and resume on the touch outside of using the nickel?

I tried in vain to get suspend working but all I managed to do was hang the machine requiring reset after reset until finally I corrupted the database (I presume, it just wouldn't work until I hard reset, then my windows hdd decided to die, so it was a long journey before I could even read books again, only thanks to virtualbox: it's totally absurd that you even need windows to activate a wifi device). While I was coyping some big files I also got some write failures on the embedded sd-card which forced ext4 to read-only mode, so perhaps I have a dodgy sdcard as well.

I was doing something along the lines of
echo "mem" > /sys/power/state
after setting "enabled" on all the devices for "wakeup". But nothing will wake it up. I also tried downing the network and removing the network modules, but I don't know if i succeeded or not: it didn't work at any rate.

strace of nickel found me nothing useful.

For wifi I tried insmodding the 2 modules which are loaded when the network is up, but that did nothing on it's own to create eth0.

Anyone had more luck?
notzed is offline   Reply With Quote