Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Question emailing books to kindle

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else. I did a quick search and did not find it.

I just upgraded to Calibre 0.7.22. I downloaded a book from mobileread with a .prc ending. I changed the metadata and the line justification while converting it to .mobi. Then, I wanted to email the .mobi file to my kindle, but could find no way to select a specific format to email (using my username@free.kindle.com address). The file that got sent to my kindle was the .prc file. Finally, I deleted the .prc from my Calibre library and that forced Calibre to send the .mobi file. I am just wondering if this is correct or if I am missing something.

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
If you click on the little arrow next to "view" you can select "view specific format"

If you highlight .mobi thats what it should send.......at least thats what it does for me......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
What I did was when I setup the "sharing books by email" in preferences I edited the second column which is "formats". I double clicked and removed all the formats except mobi. This way it automatically only sends them in mobi format. If you were using News feeds etc then this may be a problem but I don't so it was simple fix for me.

Brewjono.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote