Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
drypen
drypen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I can't see some books in K4Android or K4PC

One was a gift and the other I bought. I tried sending them to both and although I could read them in both applications, they weren't on the cloud they weren't in the Kindle folder on my PC or Cell phone.

drypen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Do they show up at http://www.amazon.com/myk ?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Maybe you weren't looking in the right folder?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If I recall correctly, personal docs don't show up in K4PC, but they should be visible in the Android app.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
drypen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Do they show up at http://www.amazon.com/myk ?
Yes. When they didn't show up in the K4PC folder I tried sending to my Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Maybe you weren't looking in the right folder?
I was able to see books I'd downloaded the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If I recall correctly, personal docs don't show up in K4PC, but they should be visible in the Android app.
Which would be considered a personal doc? The book that was a gift or the book I purchased?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by drypen View Post
Which would be considered a personal doc? The book that was a gift or the book I purchased?
Books not purchased from Amazon will appear as personal documents. Were both of the ebooks purchased from Amazon?

From where/what did you try to "send" them?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Yeah, Personal Documents don’t show up on the Mac (and PC)...
I really think Amazon needs to step up and fix that, even Apple iBooks now does exactly that, Cloud Sync of highlights and annotations between Mac and iOS (plus copying of text, the biggest annoyance with Kindle for Mac is that this is not possible). With the new Retina Mini I can really see myself using that as my preferred reading platform now, especially for PDs...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #8
drypen

Both were purchased from Amazon. One was gifted to me, but purchased through Amazon. Got the email and everything.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:55 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you can read it in "Kindle for PC", it will be in your "My Documents\My Kindle Content" folder. (Assuming, that is, you're using the Windows 7 Kindle for PC, and not the Windows 8 Metro app).
Old 12-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #10
drypen

Just doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you can read it in "Kindle for PC", it will be in your "My Documents\My Kindle Content" folder. (Assuming, that is, you're using the Windows 7 Kindle for PC, and not the Windows 8 Metro app).
You would think so since I can read the book in the app, but alas, as I posted in the original post, I cannot see it in the folder. Two other books that were posted at the same time I had no problem seeing in the folder. Even after I deleted the other books from the folder it remained hidden.

I have v 1.10.6 on my XP.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Are you sure you know what the filename would be? Sometimes the filenames are something like the ASIN number.azw.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Are you sure you know what the filename would be? Sometimes the filenames are something like the ASIN number.azw.
Always, for books bought from Amazon. When I buy a book from Amazon, I download it in K4PC, then sort the "My Kindle Content" folder in descending date order to find the book.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
drypen

Let me explain better.

I purchased 3 books from Amazon and a 4th was purchased and gifted to me from Amazon.
I had them sent to my K4PC.
One of the purchased books and the book that was gifted I could see in the app but when I checked my Kindle folder they were not there.
I tried sending them to my K4Android and my paperwhite with the same result.
I deleted the other 2 books from the devices and resent the 2 that were missing with the same result.
At some point I checked Cloud to see if they were there and they were not. Not that I thought they would be, just following steps for troubleshooting.

These are not personal documents. All were purchased through Amazon.com.

I know what the files in My Kindle Content (K4PC) and Documents (K4Android, paperwhite) look like.

There are there as I can read the books on any of the above mentioned devices, they are just not showing.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

If the two books are not in your Amazon Cloud, then how are you sending them to your K4PC and Andriod app? That makes no sense. Books purchased from Amazon are automatically put in the Cloud. If they are not showing in the Cloud, then something went wrong during the purchase, so call Amazon's Kindle support.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by drypen View Post
I know what the files in My Kindle Content (K4PC) and Documents (K4Android, paperwhite) look like.

There are there as I can read the books on any of the above mentioned devices, they are just not showing.
They MUST be there. That's the only place that books are stored in K4PC.

Try this: Move the entire contents of your "My Kindle Content" folder to a different folder, so the original folder is empty. Run "K4PC" and open the book from your library. This will re-download it and put it in the "My Kindle Content" folder. Exit the program, and see what's in the folder.