Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #16
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
It happened to me too. But when I opened a book from "Books", went back to "my Files", all ePubs were there. It still doesn't show the cover pages for sideloaded books. Magazines open well, but it doesn't show contents page. I got "The Economist", no way to navigate, except from page to page.

Edit: I was wrong, it does have contents in magazines.
Aha - that did it! I opened a book, then went back to My Files and lo and behold, the sideloaded book was there (sans cover) - thanks.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #17
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Hmmm... if magazine support was added, I might as well go the CM7 route now and remove all traces of stock. That was the only thing stopping me, since there's still no Zinio for Android. Need to make time tonight.
How to Get Zinio “Unofficially” Working on Your Android Device
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Thanks. I'm doing the CM7 thing now.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. I'm doing the CM7 thing now.
WOW!!! This is amazing. I can't believe it took me so long to do this. Yeah, I should be able to hold on until November/December for a new toy. Thanks to everyone who pushed CM7 and shared their experiences and advice.

Last edited by SCION; 05-14-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #20
usualsuspect
usualsuspect began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, Archos 101, ZTE Blade
Nook app not in the market for non US people

The nook app won't appear in the market for non US people. There is a way around this though. There is an app called "Market Enabler". Install the app and you can fake the US market and then download the nook app. Your device has to be rooted for this to work.

It will also appear in the "appslib" for devices that can run it (only some tablets can run this)

Also there seems to be a "delayed reaction" before you can see your sideloaded epubs, it could be because you have to exit the app before you can see them. But android being the way it is, doesn't shutdown the app when you exit it. You have to shut it down using ATK or using services under settings/applications. Even then, the epub sometimes won't appear straight away but they do seem to appear eventually (not sure why it takes so long)

Last edited by usualsuspect; 05-14-2011 at 11:11 AM.
usualsuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #21
usualsuspect
usualsuspect began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, Archos 101, ZTE Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The software seems to treat the CM7 nook as a tablet. Like the new look better.

Can't help but to find it amusing that the nook 4 android is better than the sock nook reader.

[EDIT:] Apparently the n4A has also added magazine support.
=X=
What's a sock nook? do they keep your feet warm?
usualsuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #22
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Not all of my purchased books shown up. Only 16 of 276 can someone please help. I am running C7 on a nook color and I have resinstalled the application several times to avail. What am I doing wrong.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant

The suggested Readers Hub installation didn't work for me (force close issue with Zinio, Press Display did work). Found a standalone Zinio .apk file with the required settings .apk file from XDA. Works great!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=14
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #24
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
The suggested Readers Hub installation didn't work for me (force close issue with Zinio, Press Display did work). Found a standalone Zinio .apk file with the required settings .apk file from XDA. Works great!
Strange, the Zinio from Readers Hub worked fine for me, although as mentioned above most of my magazines are missing as they are not available for Android yet. You have to be careful too, as those magazines still show up in the shop to buy, even though you can't actually receive them.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #25
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Strange, the Zinio from Readers Hub worked fine for me, although as mentioned above most of my magazines are missing as they are not available for Android yet. You have to be careful too, as those magazines still show up in the shop to buy, even though you can't actually receive them.
I decided to use the NOOK app for magazines. They duplicated the same functionality from the NOOKcolor.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #26
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
WOW!!! This is amazing. I can't believe it took me so long to do this. Yeah, I should be able to hold on until November/December for a new toy. Thanks to everyone who pushed CM7 and shared their experiences and advice.
Yes, CM7 makes the NC an entirely new android tablet. I had previously rooted mine, which kept the basic Nook interface and made it a so-so tablet. With CM7 it's a real tablet, and the Nook for Android app keeps the nook functionality without it being the main interface.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #27
richetts
richetts began at the beginning.

Device: Cruz Reader (R101)
With the stand alone edition, I find anything that says it's Ipad compatible, works well with the android version..

Richie
richetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #28
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Can anybody help me? Please? I'm wanting to buy an inexpensive android table that will run the Nook for Android. I'm so totally confused. Some things I've read say that if it's running Android 2.1 or later, the Nook for Android app will work, is that true. Does it have to be able to access the Android Marketplace? How do I know that?

I only want this device to use for reading magazines and children's picture books. I already have a Kindle and a Nook so I'm not really interested in buying a Nook Color, plus really don't want to spend that much money.

Seems like this should be an easy thing to find out, but I'm really struggling. Anybody help?? Thanks so much.

I'm looking at this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Coby-MID7024-4...03DZ1B1Z5DC07N

And this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Archos-Home-Ta...03DZ1B1Z5DC07N
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #29
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
what's your price range?
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #30
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
what's your price range?
I would like to stay under $200.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote