Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What will you be doing on May 2nd?
Enjoying donuts/doughnuts on MobileRead Doughnut Day 8 34.78%
Watching the Kentucky Derby 1 4.35%
Drinking Mint Julips 1 4.35%
Drinking anything I can find 5 21.74%
Ignoring the whole thing 9 39.13%
Waiting for the blue one to get nearer to the fish 5 21.74%
Boxing a longshot in the race so I can pay off my student loans/loan shark 0 0%
Forget dounuts and mint julips, I want chocolate 6 26.09%
We're not in Kansas anymore 4 17.39%
Germany wins in a photofinish over Portugal 8 34.78%
pshrynk option: on call all weekend (AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!) 4 17.39%
Shark toof huntin' 3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Derby Day

Also on Uncle Duke's MobileRead's Doughnut Day (the 2nd of each month) for May 2009 there will be a horse race in Louisville called the Kentucky Derby.

This is also the first leg of the triple crown of horse racing.

What are your plans?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Don't forget Saturday night is game 7 of the Celtics-Bulls series.

I live in Chicago but a long-time Celtics fan.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm on call this weekend. No category for that.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Other: Shark toof huntin'

lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm on call this weekend. No category for that.
Added
Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Other: Shark toof huntin'

Added
Old 05-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
going to the humongous post wide yard sale
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I'm going to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Brooklyn tomorrow.

and no donuts cause I just started a diet TODAY.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
The Canucks are playing the Blackhawks in the second game of the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
after writing my last post I just did a search for it, cause its my Girlfriend who is planning the outing,

http://www.bbg.org/exp/cherries/map.html

they are actually tracking every tree in the botanical garden for "bloomyness" that's interesting

cool video. http://www.bbg.org/exp/cherries/timelapse.html

Odds are I am a few of those 3000 frames
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Is there really a horse race? I thought it was just a hat fashion show.

Go Canucks!
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Technically it'll be the 3rd when I have my "organic" donut from the Farmers' Markets, but, as they say, the sun is over the yardarm, et cerera, et cetera...

Also, only two people voted for "not in Kansas", and one of them was me...so who else is in Oz this weekend, and which airport do they want me to pick them up from? I've the drinks ready, and have hired the outriggers for some open sea "Big Game" Piscatorial Dentistry (I'll hold the shark's head, you drive the gas pipe into Brown Town then get back up here quick-smart for that root canal).

Cheers,
Marc (Did I mention the drinking?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #13
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Also, only two people voted for "not in Kansas", and one of them was me...so who else is in Oz this weekend, and which airport do they want me to pick them up from? I've the drinks ready, and have hired the outriggers for some open sea "Big Game" Piscatorial Dentistry (I'll hold the shark's head, you drive the gas pipe into Brown Town then get back up here quick-smart for that root canal).

Cheers,
Marc (Did I mention the drinking?)
I didn't see the wink there Marc so maybe you didn't recognize this poll is public. Or was this a veiled, or not so veiled, invitation to our Paris friend to escape the predations of the tiny winged variety to the larger finned variety?

WDE (Is alcohol a shark repellent?)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I didn't see the wink there Marc so maybe you didn't recognize this poll is public.
I only give winks or nods to blind horses. Also, I'm lazy. Also, I didn't notice. Also, it's late. Also, I've run out of excuses, and vodka, and hyper-shrooms, and small, crunchy iridescent beetles that taste a little like lime jelly doesn't. Forgive me?

Quote:
Or was this a veiled, or not so veiled, invitation to our Paris friend to escape the predations of the tiny winged variety to the larger finned variety?
Veiled? I would do the Dance of Veils for Queen Zee if it would have her flee from that meteorologically schizophrenic SHUM-haven mosquito-farm to our beautiful world filled to the multi-legged brim with natural predators of the mossie. I've even offered to supply all of the ducklings she can eat. I've pointed out the 25 hours of free reading time she would get on the plane. The beautiful, warm, humid, tropical weather. Still, she refuses. ~sigh~ It's enough to make one despair, if it only hadn't left me with so much ZCD and so little to have to share.

Quote:
WDE (Is alcohol a shark repellent?)
Have you ever seen a drunk shark? Well, okay, I have, but it was a wobbegong and they're notorious piss-heads, and hardly ever shout, and if you pick them up on it they turn on you, but it's more of a nibble than a bite and they taste nice battered with chips and some salt and vinegar after a night on the crawl, so, it's all good.

What?

Cheers,
Marc (Not in Kansas)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
forget the derby, eat a doughnut, avoid the mint julip doughnuts, they're nasty
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote