Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-15-2023, 02:54 PM   #1
JudahsShadow
JudahsShadow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8"
Checking Library for DRM'ed files.

Hi, I was wondering if there was a plugin or other easy way to check my library for files that have DRM in them so I can further investigate liberating them. I can go in and check each entry manually, but I'd rather not do that, if I don't have to. Ideally, this would mark each book found with at least one format containing DRM so I can examine further. Thanks in advance,
JudahsShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 05:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Yep! Quality check Plugin
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 05:05 PM   #3
JudahsShadow

Awesome thanks
Old 11-16-2023, 03:48 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahsShadow View Post
Awesome thanks
Note that the QC plugin only does that for EPUBs. If you have other DRMed books (Amazon stuff, say), it won't work. What I do is use a side effect of the Count Pages plugin for it; if that's unable to generate a page count for a book, it either has DRM or is weirdly corrupt in some other way.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 04:12 PM   #5
JudahsShadow

Yes, I just tried quality check and saw it only checked ePubs. I will give the count pages plugin a try.

Does it do the page count for each format in an entry? (I.e. If I have an ePub and an azw3 does page count check both, or just one?)

Edit: Asked clarifying question

Last edited by JudahsShadow; 11-16-2023 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-16-2023, 04:30 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahsShadow View Post
Yes, I just tried quality check and saw it only checked ePubs. I will give the count pages plugin a try.

Does it do the page count for each format in an entry? (I.e. If I have an ePub and an azw3 does page count check both, or just one?)

Edit: Asked clarifying question
it does the first available in Preferences > Behaviour > Preferred Input format order, unless you set the plugin options to use preferred output format. You may want to temporarily another format above EPUB to check them specifically.

One exception is if page-count is set to ADE it'll always use EPUB.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-16-2023 at 04:34 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 05:01 PM   #7
JudahsShadow

Ok. I can change the preferred order to each format and check that way. It beats going through each entry individually and checking anyway.

Tags
dedrm, drm