Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
roopstner
roopstner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Help! Kindle Refuses to Register!

I currently have a Kindle2 bought at the end of May, 2010. Firmware is 2.5.2

It worked fine for about a month and then one day when I turned it on, all my books were in my archive. Strange I thought. I tried to open one, but none of my books would download.

I also noticed that my name was not in the top left, and it just said, "My Kindle". On the settings page, it says my kindle is not registered.

According to my Amazon.com account, my kindle is registered. I tried de-registering and re-registering my kindle, both on Amazon.com and on the device itself, , but it still refuses to register on my device. I have tried the factory reset as well, but did not work.

I have 5 bars of service and my battery is fully charged. I can access the Amazon store no problem, but still cannot read books, as well as my device saying not registered

I have spoke with tech support twice, and they walked me through the usual steps. Both calls ended in, we have no clue what the problem is and we will contact you when there is a fix. To me, this is completely unacceptable

So before I make a nasty call to Amazon Customer Service, does any of the geniuses on here have any ideas/solutions? This is driving me insane and I am completely stumped. I find myself to be very tech savy, so this is driving me insane. I would rather not have to wait a week or two for them to send me a warranty replacement (which was never mentioned on my phone calls I might add.)

Thank you in advance for your help
roopstner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
I would try to get the serial number for a Kindle that is not activated and do the following:

1. Thru your Amazon account, register the other serial number to your account.
2. Sign out, clear cache and cookies, close your browser
3. Open your browser, sign in, re-register your kindle.

Does anyone around here have the serial to a dead kindle he could use?
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert