Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
dragon
Edge User

Red face update

I received an update on the 20th, does anyone know what it was?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #17
borisb
Edge User

http://www.entourageedge.com/blog/?p=474

Old 04-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #18
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
1.5 did install. When it started up it asked if I wanted to use positioning data (GPS) and I said "Yes". It then crashed. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't ask about GPS the second time so that I could say "No" this time (must be cached settings somewhere). In any case, it continues to crash on launch.

EDIT: Perhaps someone else can try installing the 1.5 version and say "No" to the "use positioning data" promotion...?
The location awareness should have been able to use wifi as well, I don't think it crashed because of that, I can't get it to work either. Entourage seems to have crippled the Android OS in several ways, Security and location is missing several settings and speech synthesis is missing, although adding the tts extended did let me use a voice translation app. Some of the apps I had access to allow voice notes and they won't work either. Bummer.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #19
cheyennedonna
Edge User

As I played with all the apps I knew of involving speech recognition I found they all crashed. One of them kindly informed me via pop up that speech recognition was not installed on my phone, although the Pico TTS is. Tech support responds "We are not going to get around to speech recognition until the fourth quarter of this year, but we do have plans to add it." So there you have it, the possibility exists but not without a software update. (you can however make the edge talk to you by adding TTS extended http://mobile.butterscotch.com/previ...peech-Extended)

Old 07-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #20
Eddy R
Edge User

Speech to text on phone works great.

FWIW: Android 2.1 on phone has 3 input (swipe, keyboard, voice> methods.
Voice is now preferred method for plain text input. ...I.e. notes, search etc.

Desktop contol program on phone allows direct dictation into OneNote.

Very useful.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #21
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Now if we only had 2.1, and by desktop control are you talking about Gmote? I have not been lucky enough to get a newer Android phone yet, still using my G1 with 1.6.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #22
Eddy R
Edge User

I have been using a different free program for years. ZA PK costs $30. It has been worth every penny.

I have to buy eight android phone or stop reading your post. The brand of the phone and the OS version is because someone up there likes me. Ha ha !

This post has been Ridge and whistle voice dictation only. Repeat this post has been Ridge and only with voice dictation. I have made no corrections. My left in the obvious errors for example (I only purchased one phone).

To be clear. This post is being made on the phone using voice dictation only.