Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Plug-Ins and Calibre Portable

My added plug-ins don't seem to stick in calibre portible. I've checked the config folder and the plug-ins are there but when ever I plug my usb memory stick and click the bat file to load calibre, I have to reload the plugins because they are not there.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
calibre portible
When you say calibre portable, exactly what version are you referring to?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I am having a similar problem I am using a batch file to run calibre.
with only my settings and library stored in the dropbox.
On the first computer it works fine but on the second I am getting errors.

Quote:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception:
<b>KeyError</b>:u'Search The Internet'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\main.py", line 273, in show_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\toolbar.py", line 215, in genesis
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\toolbar.py", line 127, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\toolbar.py", line 40, in name_to_action
KeyError: u'Search The Internet'
The plugin does not show and this is the error I get when I press customize the toolbar in prefrences

Last edited by Dopedangel; 12-23-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: typo
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:05 AM   #4
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I think the problem is that calibre stores installed plugins' locations as fixed paths, not paths depend on config folder (see customize.py in calibre's config folder). So after changing location of calibre portable, the plugins aren't registered anymore. If the location is changed back to original path where the plugins were installed, it works again.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:21 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I am having a similar problem I am using a batch file to run calibre.
with only my settings and library stored in the dropbox.
On the first computer it works fine but on the second I am getting errors
I too have my library and configuration in dropbox, but I don't have this problem. Maybe because I have my library and config in dropbox in the same location on both machines. I also only use the batch file to set the configuration variable.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-23-2010 at 03:28 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, is there a way when I plug my USB memory stick into a computer to assign it a drive letter before initiating calibre?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
beckywc
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
When you say calibre portable, exactly what version are you referring to?

I'm using the current version just running it portable from a usb memory stick.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you go into Windows Disk Manager then you can change drive letters from there. Once you have set a drive letter that way it will normally use the same letter the next time you plug in the drive.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote