Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
plerdos
plerdos began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
reading books from memory stick, PRS 505

I'm new here. I have a PRS-505 and I would like to know whether I can read e-books uploaded to my Memory Stick Duo, or can the reader only access e-books which are contained in the reader's internal memory. I also wonder whether the reader can handle any directory structure. If not, then what method does the reader use to save collections made by the user? Does it use a log file or something similar?

Thanks in advance for any advice and information.
plerdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I use memory stick duo, I have an 8 Gb one. It works fine with the reader.

You can make your own folder structure, the reader will go through every folder looking for media it can work with. Collections, I've only noticed, are only added/updated when you load the books with either the Sony connect software or Calibre.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert