Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
fcm52
Steppenwolf
fcm52 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle Touch, Kindle 4 & Kindle Keyboard
Nook HD For Ebbok Reading

Hi Everyone. I have already a Samsung tablet and a Nook Simple Touch. My main activity is reading. Do you think it's worth to buy a Nook HD just for reading ebooks and some pdf? I would appreciate your opinion in the next 3 hrs, because I live outside the US and a friend who can bring it to me is flying there this afternoon. Thank you very much.
fcm52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I'd be skeptical about that, unless for some reason you want a backlit screen vs what the ST (does it have a backlit screen?). If all you're going to do is read on it, the HD doesn't really do anything that the ST doesn't.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
fcm52
Steppenwolf

Tkx for your help,Taustin.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
fcm52
Steppenwolf

Nobody else to help me????
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Unless the PDFs you read have a lot of pictures and color graphics, I think it would be foolish to buy anything else. Your Touch is the best thing for reading books, as Taustin says.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
It seems to me like your needs should be met by the tablet you have and the Simple Touch, unless you specifically like backlit screens for reading maybe. But if I were in your position, I'd read the PDFs on the Samsung and any other e-books on the Simple Touch.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
But if I were in your position, I'd read the PDFs on the Samsung and any other e-books on the Simple Touch.
I would do this as well.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #8
fcm52
Steppenwolf

I thank you very much for all the advices. Take care.