Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
ePub in PRS-505

I am trying to create an ePub version of "Shattered Crystals", an ebook I have already uploaded here in LRF format.
The book has some images and a lot of footnotes.
I have a working HTML file, generated with BD and corrected by hand.
I used a combination of Calibre and Sigil and finally managed to create an ePub that looks good in Calibre.
The problem is, it doesn't look good in my PRS-505. Examples:
- Text that is centered in Calibre, is not centered in the reader
- A page that just has two lines (Author and Book Title) shows ok in Calibre, but is split in 2 pages in the reader.
Any ideas?
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Well, if you already uploaded the LRF format of the book, just go on and attach the problematic ePub file, then point us to the page numbers where things are not what you expect them to be.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I am trying to create an ePub version of "Shattered Crystals", an ebook I have already uploaded here in LRF format.
The book has some images and a lot of footnotes.
I have a working HTML file, generated with BD and corrected by hand.
I used a combination of Calibre and Sigil and finally managed to create an ePub that looks good in Calibre.
The problem is, it doesn't look good in my PRS-505. Examples:
- Text that is centered in Calibre, is not centered in the reader
- A page that just has two lines (Author and Book Title) shows ok in Calibre, but is split in 2 pages in the reader.
Any ideas?
If you want to post it or email it to me (PM me of addy) I'll try it on my Opus and see how it looks. At least to see if it's a Sony only problem.

For some reason the default conversion settings in Calibre usually end up with the Title and Author on separate "pages". In another thread it was suggested to remove the code "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']" from the structure detection section. It worked for me on the book I tried it with.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just found one ePub that looks superb in my reader. I will study it in detail to learn the tricks!
Thanks Ankh and AnemicOak for your help.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, you can take that LRF and convert it to ePub using Calibre. Then edit the ePub to fix anything that needs fixing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, you can take that LRF and convert it to ePub using Calibre. Then edit the ePub to fix anything that needs fixing.
Good idea. I finally found time to study the ePub format a little and discovered that I like it very much. I am using a combination of Sigil and notepad++ for creating my ebooks.
Thanks for your answer.