Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
hotwheelslover98
hotwheelslover98 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7"
Delete Sideloaded Launcher After 1.4.3 Update

I want to know if it's possible to remove a sideloaded launcher from the Tablet after the 1.4.3 update. I just made (and am now using) a CM 10.1 SD Card, so I don't need the sideloaded launcher. I don't see how to do it. It's annoying because the sideloaded one pops up at boot up, but doesn't go back. If I can do this through CM, or something like that, please tell me about it. I don't have root, and don't plan to root it. Thanks, and have a good day.
hotwheelslover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Did you try an app manager from the Play store like App Master? These let you uninstall just about any app -- system or user.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Did you try an app manager from the Play store like App Master? These let you uninstall just about any app -- system or user.
The Nook Tablet stock ROM, unlike the HD/HD+'s stock ROMs, does not include the Playstore.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheelslover98 View Post
I want to know if it's possible to remove a sideloaded launcher from the Tablet after the 1.4.3 update. I just made (and am now using) a CM 10.1 SD Card, so I don't need the sideloaded launcher. I don't see how to do it. It's annoying because the sideloaded one pops up at boot up, but doesn't go back. If I can do this through CM, or something like that, please tell me about it. I don't have root, and don't plan to root it. Thanks, and have a good day.
I can't think of any easy way to do this, short of "factory reset" route.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
The Nook Tablet stock ROM, unlike the HD/HD+'s stock ROMs, does not include the Playstore.

Oh, ok. So why can't he just download an app like App Master from the Play store using one of his other devices, then sideload that to his Nook tablet, and then use it to uninstall the launcher?

--Pat
Old 01-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #6
hotwheelslover98
hotwheelslover98 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Oh, ok. So why can't he just download an app like App Master from the Play store using one of his other devices, then sideload that to his Nook tablet, and then use it to uninstall the launcher?

--Pat
The 1.4.3 update disabled the ability to sideload apps. I would use something like that if I could. Is there any way I could do anything through Cyanogenmod (running from a SD card)?
hotwheelslover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #7
PatNY
Zennist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheelslover98 View Post
The 1.4.3 update disabled the ability to sideload apps. I would use something like that if I could. Is there any way I could do anything through Cyanogenmod (running from a SD card)?
The best thing to do is go to xda and post the same exact question you asked in the first post over in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post25354258

Looks like you could flash 1.4.3 stock over whatever is on emmc now, thereby getting rid of the launcher which I assume you installed on emmc. You might also have to wipe and format some caches and partitions. But ask at the end of that thread first before doing anything. Leapinlar who maintains that thread is very good answering questions and helping others out. I'm sure he'll have a solution for you.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 01-22-2014 at 06:34 AM.