Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #691
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Already done as far as total quantity. I've read >100 books, and mostly I'm pleased with what I've read, though it could be slanted a bit more towards classics. Well, OK, a lot more. But my position is, I'm reading classics all the time. They just happen to be modern books that will BE classics someday.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #692
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Aw, Nyssa, so sorry that didn't help. It did help me, but it still was an on again off again thing, until it kicked in the interest for longer books. I even had to switch genres (mainstream comedy romance and mystery - short, fluffy, fun stuff) to get back into a reading habit. I found that I was doing other things in the time I had used for reading in the past and had to change _that_ new habit in order to get back to my old reading habit. I hope you find a way to get back the joy of reading once again.

I'm still on goal; I met the first 6 month goal and have held to my second 6 month goal (no more than 18 purchased books by the end of the year).
Hi Dreams! Thanks and congratulations on meeting your goals!!

The short stories were a good idea..I just couldn't find anything to hold my intrest. I read two short stories, very quickly, but stopped in the first 1/4 of the 3rd one, for no apparent reason. My poor Kindle feels abandoned, as I even accidentally let the battery drain. I still carry it with me wherever I go (JIK).

The "replacement" activity" is the oddly addicting, very frustrating Sims 3! My husband surprised me with it when it first came out, but I didn't really get into it, because I was such a huge Sims 2 fan, and the game play styles are completely different.
Then, about 1.5 months ago, I picked it up again and that was that. I've purchased some of the Expansion Packs I didn't have, and I actually spend more time tweaking the game than playing, but I'm hooked for now.

I'm hoping to settle down with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series over Thanksgiving break and be reinvigorated for the new year. I know if I stress about it it'll take me longer to get back.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #693
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I have easily gone over my target for number of books to read this year, but will be failing for the series I wanted to read

I only got into ereading just over a year ago, so have been enjoying re reading books I read when younger (plus Amazon keeps giving me free books to read also)

next year I might concentrate more on book series instead of number of books to read
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #694
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm not having a specific target next year. I think it has distorted my reading too much. I might have some smaller sub-challenges, but I'm not even sure I'm going to time-limit them to a year.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #695
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well on pace to a record year. Currently on book number 63 and almost 19,000 pages.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #696
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I didn't have a goal as much as I had a benchmark based on how many books I read last year. I'm on track to read at least as much, possibly more this year. Yay!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #697
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
You and me both panda, my goal is the same as where I ended up last year. I belive I am on track to get that goal.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #698
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Finished up book number 65. Apparently 19,713 pages. Way past last year's record total of 52 books for 15,328 pages.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #699
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well done HIMS. I'm reading book 62 of 75, and slightly ahead of target. Mind you, last year I did read 108.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #700
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
October is the start of the fourth quarter 2012 and as such you should be 75% of the way towards obtaining your goal if you are going to make it. In fact since this is the third week in October you should actually be a bit further along towards your goal than 75%.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #701
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I think I can say pretty safely now that I'm going to reach my (twice-increased, first from 100 to 120 and then 120 to 150) goal for the year.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #702
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I've hit a slump in my reading. In the last 3 weeks, I've started a half dozen or more books, and finished none of them. (The exception is Audible books, which I've read several of.) I keep getting distracted or bored. Not good.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #703
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I don't think I'm going to hit my target. And I thought I wasn't being too ambitious!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #704
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm at 90%, so looking good. In fact, if I was counting graphic novels as books, I'd be done. Instead I am at only 30% of my separate graphic novel target. And 64% of my movie target, and 75% of my videogame target. Behind in everything except books.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #705
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm hoping to settle down with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series over Thanksgiving break and be reinvigorated for the new year. I know if I stress about it it'll take me longer to get back.
The drought is over! I decided not to wait and have been reading the BDB series since the Friday before last. I just finished Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood #3), and plan to start book 4 tonight.

I'm so happy to be reading again!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote