Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #76
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
google translate'd the page, supposedly it's only the international version... god I wish I knew more Kanji.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #77
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfuller View Post
According to moderator at hi-pda it's for the DX
In the same sub-forum (tid 596914) another user seems to convey that its not possible to revert the firmware and the existing hacks dont work..(as per the google translation.)..

can anyone else confirm this? How about debug/usbnetwork modes?

qindle is just starting to get more useful..wouldnt want to lose it even though its WIP..
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #78
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
It appears that most (if not all) the reported beta users (and 2.5 bin file downloads -- google if interested) are for DXi. Most early adopter reports are positive, although PDF zoom is only within a single page. Cross page pan and zoom would require a full document reflow -- something the kindle PDF reader has not apparently been designed to do.

Last edited by eboyhan; 05-01-2010 at 12:20 PM.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #79
dafire
dafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS505, Kindle DXi
has anybody updated his dxi successfully using usb?
dafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #80
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxbr View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong but it looks like once again Kindle 1 owners are left out.

Very disappointing Amazon abandoned their pioneer customers who invested in Kindle 1 when Amazon needed their support the most.
Not necessarily. Some people on the Amazon forum are reporting getting a response from CS saying that they are going to do collections for the K1, but they do not have a timeline right now. We have had a small email campaign over there with people emailing CS in support of the K1 owners.
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #81
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafire View Post
has anybody updated his dxi successfully using usb?
Look over at this thread -- appears that people are doing it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82080

If you have access to the bin file compatible with your device :-) -- most discussion thus far has been about DXi.

Last edited by eboyhan; 05-01-2010 at 01:02 PM.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #82
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
So has anyone gotten the Bin file for the K2? (I'm pretty sure mine is not a K2i.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #83
dafire
dafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS505, Kindle DXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyhan View Post
If you have access to the bin file compatible with your device :-) -- most discussion thus far has been about DXi.
I own a DXi, but it's not working.. the update menu entry remains grey and the file is gone when I reconnect the Kindle to a computer ;9
dafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #84
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
[QUOTE=sfuller;891994]Supposedly for 2i

http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D1[

Unfortunatelly not as you can read here on Google´s translation:

http://translate.google.com/translat...a%3Dpage%253D1

Last edited by jglerner; 05-01-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: wrong url
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #85
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
So has anyone gotten the Bin file for the K2? (I'm pretty sure mine is not a K2i.)
Personally, I'm going to wait for an official release. Don't like working with early release software.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #86
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
According to the latest post on the Amazon announcement thread they are now releasing the 2.5 generally. Hope it's true.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #87
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
According to the latest post on the Amazon announcement thread they are now releasing the 2.5 generally. Hope it's true.

I hope so >_<

Last edited by Anarel; 05-01-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #88
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gah, someone with a K2I with hacks on, saw it was downloading the update, removed the hacks and still managed to make it upadte. That was the bin file we all wanted. And the SS hacks dont work now btw.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #89
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Some of us want the K2 US file, too
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:43 AM   #90
Pushka
Wizard

Yes of course. But I figure as soon as someone gets either the k2 then the other will follow soon too. Wishful thinking and signs of hope I guess!