Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-12-2023, 02:23 PM   #1
princy_ita
princy_ita began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Can't disable touch anymore

Hello, in my Touch Lux 5 (PB628) I used to use double menu button to disable touch (and re enable it in the same way). Now the "double menu to disable touch" does not work anymore and in settings/ personalize/ KeyMappings/Global/Menu (double press) I can't find "disable touch" as before (and as expected). I can move to the previous firmware but I don't know hot to download it. Any ideas? Your "double manu to disable touch" is still working?

Thank you.
princy_ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 07:14 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by princy_ita View Post
Hello, in my Touch Lux 5 (PB628) I used to use double menu button to disable touch (and re enable it in the same way). Now the "double menu to disable touch" does not work anymore and in settings/ personalize/ KeyMappings/Global/Menu (double press) I can't find "disable touch" as before (and as expected). I can move to the previous firmware but I don't know hot to download it. Any ideas? Your "double manu to disable touch" is still working?
I've got the newest firmware on my HD 3 and it's still there. Hopefully it's still there for the Touch Lux 5. You go to Personalize -> Key Mapping -> EPUB, FB2 and others. My tendency is to go to Global instead of EPUB...

If the choice is not there, you can go to this link and download any of the earlier firmware versions...

https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/support -- you'll have to do a search for the Touch Lux 5 on the support page. PocketBook doesn't let you link the specific page. I don't know why.

Good luck. I like the "turn off screen feature."

EDIT: I noticed that Menu (Double Press) was set to None, but I assumed that that meant it defaulted to "touch screen off." Wrong. Like an idiot, I choose another Menu item and now I can't get the touch screen to turn off. Why would they do this? I guess I'll have to downgrade now, see if I can change double press to turn touch screen off, and then upgrade to see if it sticks again.

EDIT 2: Okay, that worked. No choice in the Menu, but 6.7 retained the choice I made in 6.5. Hopefully that works for you as well.

Last edited by rcentros; 03-12-2023 at 08:08 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2023, 11:59 PM   #3
CoffeeSoup
CoffeeSoup began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 4, pocketbook era
It's under forward hold in epub, fb2, and others in 6.7
CoffeeSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 11:54 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeSoup View Post
It's under forward hold in epub, fb2, and others in 6.7
Not on the Touch HD 3 and not (I'm guessing) on the Touch Lux 5. But that might be what happened to it. They probably changed its location for the Era in 6.7 and then accidentally left it out of the older readers' firmware when they moved to 6.7.

I sent three emails to PocketBook support on this. In the first response they told me it was already there.

In the second response I was told to reset my HD 3 (which I did). It works if you don't use Menu Double Click for anything else. Once you change it you're out of luck as there is no way to get back to it in the Menu (I tested it on the PDF side, since hardly ever use PDFs). And I wouldn't suggest resetting as you lose your logins, etc. All your settings remain if you downgrade, set the Menu Double tap to "disable touch screen" and then upgrade again. (So, obviously, the function is still supported, it's just not a choice on the Menu.)

Their third response was the "canned" "We are always looking for ways to improve Pocketbooks..." so hopefully they'll "improve" my HD 3 by giving me back old Double Click Menu choice when the new release comes out (if a new release comes out). Meanwhile I just don't change it.

Last edited by rcentros; 04-02-2023 at 12:01 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote