Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
MikiBroki
MikiBroki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Big problem

Hi everybody, and sorry my english is not good...

Yesterday I started my Reader but is permanently in the first screen "Starting Up". I can't turn off, doing a reboot, doing a hard reboot, unbrick:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cate...der#Soft_Reset

If I plug the Reader via USB... it's not recognized

What Can I do, please ????
MikiBroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Take a deep breath, MikiBroki, it may just be a flat battery. Before you panic try plugging it into the wall charger and letting it do a full charge cycle (wait until the little red light over the power switch goes out), should take no more than 4 hours.

If you haven't been using your Reader for a while, the battery may have drained completely, and the 500 model won't charge from USB if the battery is too low.

Try that and let us know what happens, and we'll go from there, okay?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
MikiBroki
MikiBroki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thank you so much, it's ok now.

But, there I think there is something wrong... I have the Reader updated to the last firm... and the battery was at half charge.

Thank you again !
MikiBroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Glad it resolved itself, MikiBroki. If you'd just upgraded, it may have thought the battery was flat, crazier things have happened. In any case, the important bit is that it's working again.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote