Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
laird
laird began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Calibre email to kindle - Series name

Hi,

I would like to send books to my kindle via email and have the title displayed on the kindle include title-series-number info so I can remember which book is first.

I have the data populated in Calibre and I've tried tweaking the subject line but it seems like I have to edit the title in the book's metadata and then send it to have this display line info.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this?

Thanks

Alan
laird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Metadata plugboards
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:18 AM   #3
laird
laird began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

wow, that was easy.

Thanks!!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100949
laird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There's lots of ways you can set the plugboard; how do you want the title displayed?

That one will get you "Harry Potter - 1 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" for example.

Personally I prefer:
Code:
{title}{series:| (|, }{series_index:|Book |)}
which gets me "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, Book 1)"
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
email conversion, kindle