Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
reddots
reddots began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3
Long time listener, first time caller

Hello.

I found the mobileread forums to be a great resource for me when I was choosing an ebook reading device. I ordered my Cybook Gen 3 on 8 January. My fingers are crossed that they will be shipping soon.

I thought I'd join the forums in anticipation of having something worth saying soon (:

I'm a huge fan of science fiction and thrillers. I especially like classic 50's and 60's sci-fi. I have found in recent years my reading has been curbed by the fact that there is no more space in my home for books. I'm excited about epaper technology, and I'm looking forward to carrying a library around with me.

Chris
reddots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day Arnold,

I too found them a great help - I'm expecting my new device today (I was close to getting a Cybook from the US, but then a local - as in 'Australian' - bookseller started selling the Iliad).

Oh, don't worry if you have anything worth saying. I never do, but I say it anyway.

I'm a Sci-fi/fantasy/speculative fiction fan too. I'm currently reading 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy - it's turning out to be a bloody hard read ("hard" as in "harrowing") though Cormac's brilliance as a writer is more than enough incentive to keep going. I'm also getting interested in "Classics" so, of course, there's that "public domain" advantage there, which was a big prompting for me for buying an ebook reading device (though it may take a while for it to "pay for itself", hey? Perhaps I was just using that as an excuse. ).

Anyway, welcome. Hope to see you around.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote