Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
How big is your TBR list

I have had my Kindle 2 for about 2 months now (loving it, but that is another thread).

So far I have managed to download over 80 books, I have read about 8. Some I have bought, some were free and all I will get to eventually.

My daughter has been laughing at me ever since we got our Kindles (we both got one at the same time). She only has maybe 5-8 books at a time in her TBR list and my list just seems to keep growing at an exponential rate.

With the ease and availability of ebooks, do you find yourself creating a bigger and bigger TBR lists? Or is it just me?
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
My TBR list: http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddczrhdd_54cdp3p8cd

Some 80 books.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I think of it more as accumulating a library, rather than a TBR pile. They're there for when the urge takes me to read a particular type of book.
I don't expect to read everything I've got; but it's nice to have as many options as possible.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
dreamsgate
Connoisseur

Me too. Also, my memory is starting to slip (age is such a bummer). I know that if I don't download a book that looks interesting when I see it, I will forget all about it.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
So many books on my TBR list, I hope they have e-readers in heaven!
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I have two TBR lists -- my ebook list has 104 books and my pbook pile has 121. I suspect that many of the ebook TBRs will not get read. All of the ebooks are fiction and I tend not to read much fiction. My nonfiction TBR, which is my pbook TBR, tends to remain pretty steady because I buy nearly as many as I read.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I too use my Kindles to accumulate a library of reading material. So my TBR list is probably ready for a hardcover edition.

I probably have close to 500 titles across my 3 Kindles. It's fun to pick a random page from the home page and select a book to read I've totally forgotten I have.

I plan to be buried with my Kindle and a drop cord for power & light - so I can finish all of them.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I too use my Kindles to accumulate a library of reading material. So my TBR list is probably ready for a hardcover edition.

I probably have close to 500 titles across my 3 Kindles. It's fun to pick a random page from the home page and select a book to read I've totally forgotten I have.

I plan to be buried with my Kindle and a drop cord for power & light - so I can finish all of them.
I've begun using a random number generator to pull up three to five numbers (between one and the total number of books I have stored) to help me select the next book I will plan to read. This keeps me from only considering the most recent acquisitions or favorites. (Of course I can cheat by running the numbers again until I get to a choice selection. )
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsgate View Post
With the ease and availability of ebooks, do you find yourself creating a bigger and bigger TBR lists? Or is it just me?
It was the really big fictionwise sales that made my TBR list grow. Currently standing at 456 books. (Although that's probably a slight over-estimate.)

I'm hoping to get it below 300 by the end of the year.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
dreamsgate
Connoisseur

Yay!, I'm not the only one that over collects.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Some 4,000 on my SD card in the reader, hope to get to each of them someday.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
dreamsgate
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

I laughed so hard when I read this, and I think it is a good plan. I'm going to request the same thing.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #13
dreamsgate
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Some 4,000 on my SD card in the reader, hope to get to each of them someday.
Oh my! That is quite a few. Now I definitely don't feel bad about my little list. In fact most of the numbers I am seeing here, lead me to think I need to find some more books.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Well I have more than 440 books on my very recent PRS-600

All are on my TBR List

Even at an extremely leisurely 4 a week

Non-Stop thats over 2 years worth !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #15
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I think of it more as accumulating a library, rather than a TBR pile....
"Concurred!"

I've got a backlog of about 70 ebooks and 5-10 pbooks [that might get less if I end up getting the e-version of some of them].

No more "new" books on my reader til I've finished what's there. I'll just star books I haven't read in Calibre and add them by date as I "make room" on my 505.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote