Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
motormanjh
motormanjh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Do you know this scifi paperback series?

Back in the 70's I read a few books of a scifi series and have forgotten the name of it. The first book started with a nuclear war, destroying the world, but a large band of people were sealed off in a long mountain tunnel in the Rockies. They at first survived off the car materials, then slowly built a city in the mountain, and eventually a new population. The world, meantime, mutated and most of the book centered on a mutant hero a few centuries after-the-war. He had long white mane, carried a sword, and rode a large mutant horse. Lots of mutant animals, plant species, etc. Lots of action. Does this sound familiar to anybody? Thanks so much if you remember...
motormanjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormanjh View Post
Back in the 70's I read a few books of a scifi series and have forgotten the name of it. The first book started with a nuclear war, destroying the world, but a large band of people were sealed off in a long mountain tunnel in the Rockies. They at first survived off the car materials, then slowly built a city in the mountain, and eventually a new population. The world, meantime, mutated and most of the book centered on a mutant hero a few centuries after-the-war. He had long white mane, carried a sword, and rode a large mutant horse. Lots of mutant animals, plant species, etc. Lots of action. Does this sound familiar to anybody? Thanks so much if you remember...

Do you mean Andre Norton's juvenile novel, Daybreak, 2250? (The original title is Star Man's Son.) This was published in 1952, but has been in and out of print various times over all these years.

The series is known as the Apocalypse Series.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D-069a.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	33851   Click image for larger version

Name:	n16881.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	33852  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
motormanjh
motormanjh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Thanks!

Hi Don, I think this may be it! Thanks for your response, I am looking further into it.
motormanjh is offline   Reply With Quote