Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Smile PRS-505 Newbie here

Hi all,

I have been reading and trying to absorb this new foreign language of Epub, LRB, etc... I have had this Sony PRS-505 for 2 weeks now. It does have some quirks, but I really think I am going to like it.

My thing is I would like larger print, some books have decent size print that I have found here. Thank you for that. But other sources don't. I have been playing with Calibre and "think" I have figured out how to change size, but some .pdf files don't look to hot.

I need to get some hints from some people here. Thanks!
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:29 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi new and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a 505 for over a year and a half and really like it.

For pdf issues, check out this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49663

Last edited by MickeyC; 06-28-2009 at 07:32 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, new.

I also have the 505 (It's*BLUE*) and, I'm still learning about all it can do.

I prefer to download in lrf (Sony BBeB) which is non DRM'd then, I use ePub. I usually avoid pdf unless I have no choice.

Have fun exploring the threads and jump in with questions if you are curious. A friendly member will soon chime in with an answer.

P.S. What do you like to read? What color is your Viewer (oooo, I kind of like that word) How did you hear about MR? *** see, we have lots of questions also.***
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, new.

Hang in there, help will be coming soon, I'm sure.

In the meantime, let us know where you are from, and what you like to read.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
My reader is silver, I like to read romance, self-help i.e. positive type books, discovered F. Scott Fitzgerald books here (I know where have I been) and have enjoyed those. What else did you ask? Hmmmm..... Thanks for the link for .pdf. When I use Calibre to make a .pdf a .lrf the formatting gets messed up. I think .epub messes it up to, and it isn't right hand justified.

Why do you Dreams download .lrf and change to .epub? I like right justified, I think (correct me if I am wrong) .lrf does that and .epub doesn't?

I found this forum searching about the Sony reader and found this website. Loads of loads of information here. I found nicely formatted books too and I found a nicely formatted bible here that the TOC has links! I would like to know how to do that.

So much to learn here. Thanks for welcoming me.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Another welcome to you! I love my SILVER 505 as well- it's an awesome little machine. I use mine quite a bit for reading books from the library. My library now offers epub in addition to pdf for my reader (although, they really need to improve their fiction collection!). You can check out this search engine to find out if your library carries any ebooks you'd be interested in.

Welcome!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, new!

I have a Sony 700 and love it! If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. There is a lot of good information on the Sony forums and the Calibre forum, so jump on in! We're all here to help.

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello new, and another Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome rose2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	31542 to Mobileread.

You made a great choice of readers. I have a SILVER 505 also and love it.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi new, welcome to MR!

You don't know it yet, but you've been sucked into the red-blue-silver event horizon!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #10
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome to MR, new.

I also have the 505 (It's*BLUE*) and, I'm still learning about all it can do. ...
Is it BLUE or BLUE? Mine's RED, not RED.. or maybe just "read"
memobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #11
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hi new, welcome to Mobile Read!
You seem to be already "MR" fluent, so enjoy your stay!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote