Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #436
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
My charge isn't pending, it appeared on my credit card on 4/16, and posted fully 4/19. So, I just did a chat on the Kobo website and tormented some poor CS person.
I have already emailed and spoken via phone to C.S. Although very nice, they have been clueless which is to be expected. I only had one question -- just one-- which still has never been answered: Am I correct in assuming Canadian orders are being processed prior to U.S. orders? No one will/can answer that.

Last edited by Skydog; 04-22-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #437
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I have already emailed and spoken via phone to C.S. Although very nice, they have been clueless which is to be expected. I only had one question -- just one-- which still has never been answered: Am I correct in assuming Canadian orders are being processed prior to U.S. orders? No one will/can answer that.
I've seen one person in the U.S. receive their Aura today via Fedex.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #438
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
I feel bad that a lot of people are having so much trouble with shipping. I really hadn't expected them to ship until the 25th but I got my shipping notice on the 19th. FedEx picked up in Hong Kong on the 20th and it arrived on my doorstep in Knoxville this morning.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #439
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySony505 View Post
Much to my surprise, my Aura HD arrived today.
I am mildly disappointed, yes the extra real estate is nice but the screen is not the
quantum leap over the Glo I was expecting.

As for the back cover that's just plain silly. I will give it a few days, but right now I think I will stay with the Glo

Happy reading.
Please let h us know more once you start using it in earnest.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #440
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The lack of folder support, something I use all the time with my jetBooks, might be a
real pain but I can think of a few work arounds that could work.

The first that comes to mind is calibre, the second is SyncToy and some simple file
management, on my PC. Another possible approach would be a ebook server for my
home WiFi.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 04-22-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #441
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
I feel bad that a lot of people are having so much trouble with shipping. I really hadn't expected them to ship until the 25th but I got my shipping notice on the 19th. FedEx picked up in Hong Kong on the 20th and it arrived on my doorstep in Knoxville this morning.
If they are being shipped from the manufacturer directly to the customer that might contribute to arbitrary shipments. But I was told orders would be sent from Canada. (?)
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #442
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Shipped on 18th

I live in California, and my Aura was shipped from ETOBICOKE (a district of Toronto) on the 18th by Canadian Post, expedited. The CP website says "Item has been received at the delivery office in the destination country." Hope this means I'll get it tomorrow.

Last edited by talaivan; 04-22-2013 at 04:56 PM.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #443
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
chinese cheap $10 mp4 players can have explorer type folders but not kobo.

kobo insist us on us little people being slaves to a pile of hardware using the very laborious one at a time bookshelf idiocy.

imagine you have a thousand books and then one by one put them on a virtual keyboard by using 12 labourious key presses throu menu options.
Only the technologically challenged who know no other way do that.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #444
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
kikar..I'm green with envy...still no shipping notice for me. Pre-ordered the 16th, charged the 19th and then......nothing.... I was hoping to at least get a shipping notice today but it's looking like the pre-order was a bit of a joke since it's not going to get here by the 25th. Emailed kobo Friday and got a computer generated email back saying that they received the email and would response within 24-48 hours...nothing. Maybe they meant 24-48 business hours.
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #445
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
Don't feel guilty, enjoy your new device and let us know what you think of it. Those of us who have not received our tracking information/devices yet will just have to breathe deeply and practice patience.....not easy, but I am trying really hard
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #446
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
I asked for folder support and they have NOT GIVEN IT. so kobo can take a hike.I won't be buying it.
Most Readers do not have folder support. It's not just Kobo. Sony, B&N, and Amazon all don't have folders.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #447
KenFisher
Connoisseur
KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox, iPad
My new Kobo Aura arrived today, two days before estimated. Since I was leaving town on Thursday, this just gives me more time to decide which books I will load onto the device for my trip.

I cannot compare the screen and light to the Glo (I have the Touch), I find the screen pretty good. Will test the light later tonight.

Ken
KenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #448
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Ken, I am also in Alberta (Red Deer) and ordered on day one. Looking at the blue bar on the Canada Post tracking thing-a-mabob, it sure looks like my reader is somewhere near Winnipeg. It is scheduled to arrive on the 25th.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #449
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Most Readers do not have folder support. It's not just Kobo. Sony, B&N, and Amazon all don't have folders.
I don't have my Color or HD+ here to check right now, but my B&N NST supports folders for sideloaded material just fine.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #450
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Even without folder support they must have something that works with at least the
4GB of internal memory, not to mention the potential 32GB of the devices Micro-SDHC
feature. I would expect that they have something in the software that can work with
the large database that such storage devices allow for. It will be some time before I
get to check it out, I ordered mine on the 20th.

Actually, it will be a big change for me as ALL my ereading devices have had folder
support, from my PDA through my tablet. The one I still use the most my Ectaco
jetBook Lite has had to deal with multi-thousands of ebook files since I first got it
from eReader.com before B&N bought them out. The folder structure is certainly
a natural approach for any large file set, and is the one most are used to, for handling
files.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote