Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #976
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
hi Lucas Malor,

Sorry for the confusing readme ;p Will be great if you can send us a PR to help improve the document
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #977
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Of course... if only you exaplin me what a PR is :-P
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #978
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

PR is short for pull request in github ;p
Dpavlin has written a detailed document on that:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...oratingWithGit

Feel free to reply here or send us email if you have further questions
Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #979
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Well, since I'm lazy I simply modified the readme :-P
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33183126/README.md
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #980
dave2008
Addict

thanks, I modified your readme a little bit and submitted a PR:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/80
Old 04-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #981
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
BTW, in terms of laziness, I guess PRs are even more lazy in the long run. Granted - there's a steep one-time effort to grasp Git (I would argue it's easier if you weren't spoiled by other versioning systems before). But in the long run, it's such a great integrated workflow tool for team development, it's just awesome.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #982
RastyG
RastyG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G GB
Question please take me to the beggining of next page

hi

just one question guys.

how can I make this pdf reader jump to the begging of next page after I get to the bottom of previous page ?
(when I get to the bottom of page 1 with arrow keys I need to press next page botton to get to page 2. but when next page (page 2) is turned, the reader keeps me on the bottom of page 2, not to the beggining of the page. in other words reader keeps "page position" from previous page)

i was not successfull to figure it out yet, and I can't believe it's not possible there.

thanks so much

rasty
RastyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #983
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RastyG View Post
hi

just one question guys.

how can I make this pdf reader jump to the begging of next page after I get to the bottom of previous page ? ...
Get again to the top of the page before using next page/prev page buttons.

or

Use zoom-to-fit-content-width (Shift+S) or two-point-scans-cropping-for-odd/even-pages (Shift+X), instead of zoom-to-fit-page-width (S).

For navigation just use next page/previous page buttons.

Page overlap areas can be turned on/off with letter (O).

Detailed description of the two-point-cropping (simple margin elimination for scanned pdf's) is in the link below, from the middle of the post #1.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190641

Last edited by markom; 06-22-2013 at 09:33 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #984
RastyG

Wink please take me to the beggining of next page

Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
or

Use zoom-to-fit-content-width (Shift+S) or two-point-scans-cropping-for-odd/even-pages (Shift+X), instead of zoom-to-fit-page-width (S).
Thanks Markom.
Shift+S really does the trick. Not automatic but probably simpliest one.

If script could perform "Shift+S" action foremost everytime "bottom position" is recognized within "Next page" action; then It would be automatic, wouldn't it?
Old 06-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #985
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Thanks Markom.
Shift+S really does the trick. Not automatic but probably simpliest one.

If script could perform "Shift+S" action foremost everytime "bottom position" is recognized within "Next page" action; then It would be automatic, wouldn't it?
It is an open source project.
Just clone the repository and give your idea a try:
https://github.com/koreader/kindlepdfviewer
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #986
RastyG

Smile taken to the beggining of next page

Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
I gave "Shift+X" for odd/even pages a try and I have to say it's far better than manully pressing "Shift+S". The most important feature of this solution is that cropped areas are remembered and I do not have to cropp the pages when entering a book again.

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #987
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
I gave "Shift+X" for odd/even pages a try and I have to say it's far better than manully pressing "Shift+S". The most important feature of this solution is that cropped areas are remembered and I do not have to cropp the pages when entering a book again.

Thanks!
It seems like you are talking about pdf without text layer (non OCR-ed pdf) only.

That's what two-point-cropping "Shift+X" is meant for.

But if there is text layer underneath pdf image (OCR-ed pdf) "Shift+S" is better solution IMHO.

I will almost always do a quick ocr-ing of any non-ocred pdf beforehand anyway, because in this way not only can i use "Shift+S" for cropping(automatically zooming-in without margins) but will also be able to do the highlighting and search in pdf.

Quick ocr-ing in Adobe Acrobat or Abbyy Finereader (as exact image/copy) takes just about 20-30 minutes for an average book and for me there is usually no reason to do detailed ocr-ing on exact pdf image that will double the ocr-ing time.

Last edited by markom; 06-23-2013 at 08:33 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #988
knorst
Enthusiast
knorst began at the beginning.

Device: in future: 902/903
Hi,

how can i change the default directory when pressing home/closing a document to open a new one, from mnt\us\documents to mnt\us\books?

i don't want to navigate each time opening a new book

greetings
knorst
knorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #989
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
You need to adapt the launch command in launchpad/kpdf.ini - if using launchpad. The according config file in KUAL otherwise. You'll find the path mentioned there.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #990
wmvdg123
wmvdg123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi, I went through much of the thread but I just have a quick question.
I have a Kindle DX and am trying to read piano music with the table horizontally. Can KPV scroll a little at a time besides just moving a whole page? Basically the normal kindle application just jumps a page (minus a little like 20%) and I basically miss a line of piano music because I can only see the top or bottom bar, but not both!
Thanks!
Wayne
wmvdg123 is offline   Reply With Quote