Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Softroot - I think I am losing it!

OK, I bought a Nook yesterday and two hours later installed softroot. I could swear that I saw a screen that showed the covers of my books at the bottom and when I selected one I saw my synopsis/summary (downloaded from Calibre) on the main screen. For the life of me I can't find anything like that again. Did I imagine it (i.e. am I losing it???) or is it just hidden somewhere. Thanks.......Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
I'm only aware of two apps: 1) The B&N "My Library" app which only shows covers of books downloaded from B&N; and 2) the "my books" app which comes with the softroot which will show covers for all books.

I have one book in my B&N library that acts the way you described. It's a google books scan that is marked for download but is not downloaded yet [the download always fails]. When I select it in the cover browser a description + rating shows up on the eInk display and I get the cover + download options in the LCD. Maybe that's what you recall seeing.

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Troy, That was a very nice way of saying that yes I am losing it! I guess that I remembered what I wanted to see and not what I actually saw. Seriously thanks for confirmation.
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Supraz01
Supraz01 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
jjansen,
I think i know what you saw.. Like troymc said go to the "my books" which is the softroot app, then select "view details". I think thats what you saw... I dont have my nook infront of me atm but i do believe that doing that shows the book cover on the touch screen as well as the synopsis on the E-ink screen and on the touch screen if you scroll it down. Hope that helps, and your NOT losing it =p
Supraz01 is offline   Reply With Quote