Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2006, 05:36 AM   #1
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
icons and other manifest.xml tricks

rlauzon reported that it was possible to add new icons to the default set by altering the manifest.xml of the document. I am a bit puzzled because the pdf manifests do not show any reference to icons, so I hope we will have more info about this hack from the used that discovered it

Also, it has been reported by Herve that the manifestation processing (to build a folder with the original document plus a manifest) fails when the original filename is UPGRADE.txt. Funny but not random, I checked it. No idea about what happens for UPGRADE.pdf or UPGRADE.html.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:04 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
The iRex Download/Docs page has a document called "How to make content for your iLiad" which covers the manifest.xml file and the icon.

Here's my manifest.xml file that I use for one of my PDFs. I usually use this as an example file for creating my other manfest.xml files:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package>
    <metadata>
        <dc-metadata>
            <Title>BOFH 1</Title>
            <Description>Bastard Operator From Hell Vol 1</Description>
            <Date>2006-06-25T20:36:52</Date>
            <Format>pdf</Format>
            <Language>eng</Language>
            <Type>book</Type>
        </dc-metadata>
        <y-metadata>
            <FileSize>000</FileSize>
            <ItemSize>000</ItemSize>
            <startpage>BOFH 1.pdf</startpage>
            <version>000</version>
            <image>bofh.png</image>
        </y-metadata>
    </metadata>
<pdf><lastRead>414</lastRead></pdf></package>
The icon is simply the "<image>bofh.png</image>" line in the "<y-metadata>" block.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon
The iRex Download/Docs page has a document called "How to make content for your iLiad" which covers the manifest.xml file and the icon.
amusing how there are docs, of the iliad, that you can not download from the iliad ids neither nanigate towards them.

thanks.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irex in pdf file
The Image field points to a thumbnail image of the
content item, the image size should be 69 x 93 pixels. To limit the file size it is
recommended to save this image in PNG format with gray scales only.
I will try it today.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote