Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
fatandfifty
fatandfifty began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS600
need help please

Need help please?

Hi, I'm fat and fifty and the proud owner of a Sony PRS600. I download books from W H Smith but don't seem to understand how to synchronise or to transfer the download from W H Smiths onto the e-reader... can anyone help please
fatandfifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome even if you are fat and fifty.

Did you install the Sony Library software?

Did you register your 600?

I'm not familiar with the U.K. process of purchasing from W.H. Smiths, but many here are.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
fatandfifty

Hello Kenny, Thank you for your assistance. I think that what you have recommended has been done. When purchasing the book it downloads to a folder entitled My E-Books, from the Reader Library ask it to add file, and find the book in said folder, and say o.k. This does not seem to work. Also tried drag and drop in book from folder to E-Read Library. This does not work either. This morning, purchased two books, using methods described above, managed to transfer one book to the e-reader but not the second book. Just don't understand why! Do you have a different method? Thank you for your help as this is very frustrating - Fat and Fifty
Old 03-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Have you also installed and activated Adobe Digital Editions?

The books from Smith's will all have DRM (Digital rights management) and they won't open unless you have ADE up and working.

Non-DRM books, like the ones in our upload section should all work fine without ADE, though.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
fatandfifty

Hello Patricia, I sure I have as some of the books (all purchased) that I have managed, somehow, to synchronise, are legible. I jus wonder if there is something glaringly obvious that I am not doing? Don't believe the instruction manual to be helpful. Fat and Fifty.
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try this:
1. Connect the reader to the computer.
2. Open the Sony software.
3. Drag the selected book from the library to the reader icon on the toolbar on the left of the page.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
fatandfifty

Hello Patricia, Had ADE open in the background but was not using the library, etc. Your suggestion to use has made all the difference. Thank you so much, best regards, A Happy Fat and Fifty
Old 03-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
Patricia
Reader

I'm glad it helped, F&F!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
raac
Zealot
raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950
You might also like to check this out:
http://calibre-ebook.com/
Personally, I don't every use Sony's software.
raac is offline   Reply With Quote