Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #33256
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love.Forever. View Post
Watching Law and Order: CI while time is slowly passing by until I must go to work.
Mmmm -- I'm in love with your avatar! All those lovely books!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:51 AM   #33257
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Mmmm -- I'm in love with your avatar! All those lovely books!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhchoo!

'bout time you converted to ebooks?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #33258
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
QUESTION!!!!! QUESTION!!!!! QUESTION!!!!!

It's been driving me nuts for the past couple of days... What was the name of the very popular Doo-wop group that did covers for ALL the popular songs of the 50's-60's? I remember seeing them on some TV show, all dressed in jeans, T-shirts, black leather motorcycle jackets, with greased back DA haircuts... The didn't introduce any new songs. Rather, they sung all the oldies very very well.
Any ideas?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #33259
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Was that Sha Na Na?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #33260
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Was that Sha Na Na?
That's who I was going to suggest too. Bowzer was the bass, and the head of the group (I think). Santini was bald and handsome as all get out. Google and you'll find the rest!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #33261
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The Pretenders? The Copycats? The We Don't Care Who Sung It First And DRM Ain't Been Invented Yet So We're Gonna Sing It Too's?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #33262
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

There was also a band in a movie, under which name an album was released. I'd have to go find mine....
Old 02-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #33263
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I made Earl Gray tea pudding and topped it with whipped cream - wow! I think that I will try to make strawberry-vanilla pudding next. Homemade, of course. Not from a package.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #33264
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I made Earl Gray tea pudding and topped it with whipped cream - wow! I think that I will try to make strawberry-vanilla pudding next. Homemade, of course. Not from a package.
I need that recipe.

Please
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #33265
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I need that recipe.

Please
No problem. It is super easy! Here you go:

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/life/f...415/story.html

I used two teaspoons of loose Earl Gray tea instead of two tea bags and strained the milk before adding the cornstarch. When it firmed up I garnished it with whipped cream. Enjoy! I plan on trying out that same recipe using other teas too. Next on my list is this great strawberry tea that I have at home.

Last edited by Latinandgreek; 02-17-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #33266
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
No problem. It is super easy! Here you go:

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/life/f...415/story.html

I used two teaspoons of loose Earl Gray tea instead of two tea bags and strained the milk before adding the cornstarch. When it firmed up I garnished it with whipped cream. Enjoy! I plan on trying out that same recipe using other teas too. Next on my list is this great strawberry tea that I have at home.
Thanks!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #33267
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Thanks!
Anytime. Let me know if you like the pudding!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #33268
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Was that Sha Na Na?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
That's who I was going to suggest too. Bowzer was the bass, and the head of the group (I think). Santini was bald and handsome as all get out. Google and you'll find the rest!
They be's the ones! I could see them.. especially Bowzer (I couldn't remember his name either!) but I just couldn't put a name to them!

I wish I could wear my hair in a DA once again. But I guess you have the have hair to do that...

Thanks, folks!

Stitchawl
Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #33269
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
here's an interesting buyer's incentive...

I'm showing a house tomorrow with a 2009 Harley Sportster thrown in as an incentive for a full price offer!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #33270
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
here's an interesting buyer's incentive...
I'm showing a house tomorrow with a 2009 Harley Sportster thrown in as an incentive for a full price offer!
Nah... If it were a Springer Soft-tail or an Electraglide I might have been interested...

I'm sitting here gathering road information for two long bike tours we are planning. We can make the first, to Hiroshima, in another few weeks. The second will be to Hokkaido and the snow's won't melt there for another couple of months.

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?