Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
Seemakel
Seemakel began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Likebook Mars - changing default dictionary

Hi:

I use the Kindle app for reading my mobi format books since I find it suits my needs more than some of the other reading apps I have tried, including the Mars default reader. However, one thing that I find very frustrating is that I can't change the default dictionary. Whenever I long press a word to get the meaning it always goes to the default dictionary for that language (eg el Diccionario de la lengua española). When I select the Change Dictionary option I can change to the dictionary that I want (eg the Collins Spanish Dictionary) but the next time I look up a word it reverts back to the original default dictionary. Is there a way to change the default dictionary in the Kindle app to the one that I want?
Seemakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
dpenev
dpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animalsdpenev is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Likebook Muses
Hi Seemakel,

I am very new to those devices myself I have less than 6h with my Likebook Muses. I was able to change the dictionary in the default Boyuo reader like this:

1. Downloaded StarDict version of English to Bulgarian dictionary (few files) on my PC. It seems StarDict is/was very popular.
2. I have connected the USB to my Muses and put the files in \Dict\ folder
3. In the Dictionary app I pressed A-Z and selected this new dictionary which has appeared.

I am not sure if this applicable to you but I hope this helps someone.
dpenev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
Seemakel
Seemakel began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Hi dpenev,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Although your technique will work for some android readers such as Librera it will not work for the Kindle reader since it uses Kindle-format dictionaries. As far as I know you can't import non-Kindle dictionaries into it.
Seemakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Your question is actually about the Kindle app, so I'm moving it to the Kindle forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote