Notices

Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
ZaZg
Isabelle G
ZaZg doesn't litterZaZg doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Sony ebookstore problems?

Hi,

I'm wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this problem... Can anyone from the US access to the Sony ebookstore?
And from outside the US?

I'm wondering if they are experiencing problems or if they have shut off their site from non-US residents...

Thanks for checking for me...
ZaZg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I just tried to access the site and it won't open. And I'm in the US.

Sony must be having Web problems

BTW, I got my 505 about a month ago and really like it so far.

Last edited by MickeyC; 02-06-2008 at 12:54 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Zevs
Book lover!!
Zevs doesn't litterZevs doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505; Nowadays Stanza, Kindle, Txtr and Bluefire on iPhone
Yes and I'm in Europe and can't get to it either!

Zevs
Zevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Zevs
Book lover!!
Zevs doesn't litterZevs doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505; Nowadays Stanza, Kindle, Txtr and Bluefire on iPhone
...well it is back again...

Zevs
Zevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Yeah, I just got on too.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #6
ZaZg
Isabelle G
ZaZg doesn't litterZaZg doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I got in later too. At first I had to turn off my Firewall entirely, but later I could access without any problem. The funny thing was, my husband could access from work...

Anyway, everything is back to normal...

I was afraid non-US residents might have been kicked out... With the amount I have in gift certificates, that would have been quite difficult to swallow!
ZaZg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
Someguy
Someguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Anyone else have the site freeze up on you when searching for a title?
Someguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Are you all referring to the straight website viewed through a browser, or the internet-linked version utilised through the "Ebook Library" application?

Myself, have noticed that the application locks up nearly every time I attempt to search for new content. Using Firefox, I have no problem viewing the site. Sadly, Connect rarely has the text that I want.
Even so, find it strange that two programs with the same internet connectivity vary so greatly in their ability to access a web page. Makes me think that Amazon is really going to kick SONY's butt in this skirmish. The Reader is a great little device, amazing hardware really, but the Kindle seems so much easier to access and amass content.
We'll see...
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote