Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #196
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
OK Thanks.

I am also getting the following warning every time recommendable books switch to borrowable:

Code:
Links no longer found (will be kept) for Aces High by George R. R. Martin & Wild Cards Trust [Wild Cards [02], 07cf05cb-c003-4209-9d7f-2ca8754d8a3d@digitalbooks.brooklynpubliclibrary.org, !07cf05cb-c003-4209-9d7f-2ca8754d8a3d@ebooks.nypl.org&07cf05cb-c003-4209-9d7f-2ca8754d8a3d@efiles.rcls.org, 9781429994996, Tom Doherty Associates, 2011-12-20T00:00:00+00:00, English]: !BKLYN
It used to be listed under books to be unlinked. Fortunately, the error message is wrong. The links disappear.

EDIT: ...Unless the book is in Discovered books not in the library. Then I have both links.

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-09-2014 at 07:28 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #197
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's one.

Quote:
The specified account information is not valid.

Details: Failed Patron Information/Patron Status Request to the Library ILS server. (Error Details: We are unable to connect to the library authentication server at this time. Please contact your library to report the issue. Error code: 0)
Sometimes OverDrive fails randomly with this message, even when logging in via the browser. Usually, trying again works.
Attached Files
File Type: txt response 000002 submit.htm.txt (55.1 KB, 257 views)
Advert
Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #198
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Also, random useful tidbit in case anyone cares:

You can check to see if your library actually has Advantage titles at http://yourlibrary.com/ODAdvantage.htm (or org or whatever)

Like http://hadc.lib.overdrive.com/ODAdvantage.htm -- apparently we do, although I haven't seen them and can't figure out how to specifically search for them. But I'm paranoid I'll miss books so I keep the login configured.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #199
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
OK Thanks.

I am also getting the following warning every time recommendable books switch to borrowable:

Links no longer found (will be kept) for Aces High by George R. R. Martin & Wild Cards Trust...

It used to be listed under books to be unlinked. Fortunately, the error message is wrong. The links disappear.

EDIT: ...Unless the book is in Discovered books not in the library. Then I have both links.
I made some changes in the plugin to simplify the handling of links and I accidentally broke the removal of recommendable links when a book becomes available at a library. This will be fixed in the next plugin release.

Quote:
Here's one.

The specified account information is not valid.

Details: Failed Patron Information/Patron Status Request to the Library ILS server. (Error Details: We are unable to connect to the library authentication server at this time. Please contact your library to report the issue. Error code: 0)

Sometimes OverDrive fails randomly with this message, even when logging in via the browser. Usually, trying again works.
It appears that OverDrive is having trouble communicating with the library's authentication server. I will add code to the plugin to check for this case and retry when it occurs. That should take care of this issue.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #200
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I made some changes in the plugin to simplify the handling of links and I accidentally broke the removal of recommendable links when a book becomes available at a library. This will be fixed in the next plugin release.
ETA?

Quote:
It appears that OverDrive is having trouble communicating with the library's authentication server. I will add code to the plugin to check for this case and retry when it occurs. That should take care of this issue.
And if that fails, go ahead without authentication?
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 01:46 AM   #201
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
jhowell, another great update. Thank you so much! K on its way.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #202
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ETA?

And if that fails, go ahead without authentication?
I have made a couple of other changes to the plugin that I need to finish testing. I hope to get this out in the next day or two.

I plan to have it attempt login 6 times 10 seconds apart and if that fails it will be configurable to continue searching anyway. The reties will only occur for the back-end server communication problem that happens sporadically. A wrong id/password failure will not be retried.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #203
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.14.0 - 11 July 2014

Moved to the 'new' calibre database API for better performance. (Requires calibre 1.0 or later.)

Add support for PyQt5 as required for the upcoming calibre 2.0.

Fix bug causing recommendable links to not be removed when a book becomes available at a library.

Retry sign in to an OverDrive library when it fails due to an authentication server problem.

Added plugin tweak "overdrive_link_ignore_login_failure = True", which will cause searches to be performed even if sign in to a library fails.

List links to e-books before audiobooks in plugin menu.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #204
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much for moving it to Qt5, so I can use it at my beta calibre.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #205
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
jhowell, a couple of my libraries have added another ebook library, enki, to their selections. I wonder if sometime it would be possible to add enki to your awesome plugin?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #206
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
jhowell, a couple of my libraries have added another ebook library, enki, to their selections. I wonder if sometime it would be possible to add enki to your awesome plugin?
I will add it to my to-do list.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #207
thebabycub
thebabycub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Regarding the change to OneClickDigital to use a custom domain (essex.oneclickdigital.eu)

There seems to be an interesting little bug/feature for your delectation

I have an audiobook I know is in the OneClickDigital catalog mentioned above.

The plugin finds the audiobook in its search and even says updated but then returns unmatched and the link is not inserted into the calibre catalog.

Here is the log file.

Code:
Search for books by 1 author
Initialize EL.OCD
=================================================
Finding library books by William Hall
Search EL.OCD for all by william hall
Get http://essex.oneclickdigital.eu/Advanced%20Search.aspx
Post http://essex.oneclickdigital.eu/Advanced%20Search.aspx?s=
Data body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddlDateAdded=all&__EVENTVALIDATION=...&body_0%24maincontent_0%24txtSeries=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddIsFiction=all&__EVENTARGUMENT=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddAwards=all&body_0%24maincontent_0%24txtAllSearch=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24lnkSearch=Search&header_0%24PatronHeader%24QuickSearch1%24qsTargetAudience=all&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddlDRMType=all&header_0%24PatronHeader%24QuickSearch1%24qsAllTxt=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24txtTitle=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24txtAuthor=william+hall&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddGenre=all&header_0%24PatronHeader%24QuickSearch1%24qsPicker=All&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddlImprint=all&body_0%24maincontent_0%24txtNarrator=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddLanguage=english&__LASTFOCUS=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddTargetAudience=all&header_0%24PatronHeader%24QuickSearch1%24qsTaAudienceValues=All%7EAdult%7EBeginning+Reader%7EChildrens%7EYoung+Adult&UniqueRadScriptManager_TSM=&__EVENTTARGET=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddlDuration=all&__VIEWSTATE=...&header_0%24PatronHeader%24QuickSearch1%24qsGenreDdl=all&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddlAvailForCheckout=all&body_0%24maincontent_0%24txtIsbn=&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddlPublicationDate=all&body_0%24maincontent_0%24SortDdl=Relevancy&body_0%24maincontent_0%24ddPublisher=all
Response: page 1 of 1
Found  by William Hall [5031@ocd, @ocd/essex.oneclickdigital.eu, OneClickdigital Audiobook, English]
Search returned 1 result in 1.93 sec
Get http://essex.oneclickdigital.eu/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?titlegroupid=5031
Updated: Sir Michael Caine: The Biography by William Hall [5031@ocd, @ocd/essex.oneclickdigital.eu, OneClickdigital Audiobook, 9781471219481, W F Howes, 2012-12-05T00:00:00+00:00, English]
Unmatched book (unchanged): Arise Sir Michael Caine: The Biography by William Hall
thebabycub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #208
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebabycub View Post
Regarding the change to OneClickDigital to use a custom domain (essex.oneclickdigital.eu)

There seems to be an interesting little bug/feature for your delectation

I have an audiobook I know is in the OneClickDigital catalog mentioned above.

The plugin finds the audiobook in its search and even says updated but then returns unmatched and the link is not inserted into the calibre catalog.

Here is the log file.
Code:
Updated: Sir Michael Caine: The Biography by William Hall [5031@ocd, @ocd/essex.oneclickdigital.eu, OneClickdigital Audiobook, 9781471219481, W F Howes, 2012-12-05T00:00:00+00:00, English]
Unmatched book (unchanged): Arise Sir Michael Caine: The Biography by William Hall
The reason for the failure is that your title has the word Arise at the beginning, making it not match.

You can fix this by changing the title of your book in calibe to any of several alternatives that will match:

Sir Michael Caine: The Biography
Sir Michael Caine
(Arise) Sir Michael Caine: The Biography
(Arise) Sir Michael Caine

The plugin treats anything in parenthesis or after a colon as optional in a title.

EDIT: FYI the "updated" message in the log refers to the audiobook that it found, not your book entry in calibre. The reason for this is that the initial search on OneClickdigital returns only partial information for the books found. The plugin then gets the individual web page for each book in order to obtain more details and then updates its internal description of the book.

Last edited by jhowell; 07-12-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Add a detail
Old 07-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #209
thebabycub
thebabycub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The reason for the failure is that your title has the word Arise at the beginning, making it not match.
D'oh. Never spotted that. Thanks, have not got it to link.
thebabycub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #210
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
could a version of this be developed for checking amazon prime lending and/or kindle unlimited collections please.
it would not need any login code, as I can browse both of those collctions at amazon with a not-signed-in browser.

I suppose a deluxe version would have you choose which amazon site, for when they roll both out internationally, but just being able to check on the .com site would be a good start.

I am very curious as to what of my existing calibre library is now available via KU, as that's a good test of how well their 600k books map onto my interests, but the thought of doing that check manually, one book or one author at a time, is off-putting

Last edited by cybmole; 07-20-2014 at 11:05 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive