Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
futureway
futureway began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
desktop icons disappeared after reboot

i left on pocketedge overnight and when tried to turn it on, i saw the 1st dot then it shut down. after charging and reboot, i found all desktop icons had been gone even thought those apps are still there. what happened and is there a way to avoid losing icons? thanks a lot.
futureway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

reset button? that's where i would go.
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
swipe to left or right to make sure you did not switch faces of the homepage.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
futureway
futureway began at the beginning.

i manually drag all icons to desktop again. to test it, i run out all battery power and let it shut down. After reboot, all icons lost again. not sure how can it happen. what could be the reason? thanks.
futureway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
No idea why your PE is blanking the homepage. I was sure Tekknogenius would be right and you would be looking at a different homepage. That has happened before.

If you have checked and all 5 of your home pages are blank, and you have used the reset button to reboot, the only other thing I can think to try is getting the battery cold (short time in the freezer). I don't know whether or why that would help, but it just might . . . maybe . . . ?

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureway View Post
i manually drag all icons to desktop again. to test it, i run out all battery power and let it shut down. After reboot, all icons lost again. not sure how can it happen. what could be the reason? thanks.
Having tried the test you now know the answer - don't let the battery run out of power.

The other thing, you did check all 5 home page screens as Filark said. Also you didn't mention if your unit is running standard Ermine or something else or if you have some app that could be causing this.

Another thing you should do is to fully charge the battery before turning the unit on after a low battery shut-down.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote