Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #16
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I received a very nice note from a reader the other day. I've asked her to post a review on Amazon, but this is what she had to say:

Finished Jefferson's Road last night....wow! Can't wait til the next installment!

Now if that isn't short and to the point, I don't know what is.
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #17
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sometimes I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew with this particular series. It's not that I don't think I can't finish a six book series. It's just that the layers of complexity and the need to constantly keep my finger on the pulse of what's happening politically, economically, and socially, is exhausting - let alone depressing.

Looking at the riots in the UK this past week - or hearing about the flash mobs in Wisconsin and Philly - makes me think more than ever just how relevant this series is, and yet I wonder if I can get the warning out in time.

I'll admit, some of the work I produce is just for entertainment alone. Not Jefferson's Road. This isn't about entertaining readers as much as it as about warning people that we're on a very dangerous, very slippery slope. I wonder how long before we pass the event horizon - the point of no return in a black hole - and plunge into the abyss.

But then I step back from all the bad news I've been reading and consider that most people are still just going about their daily lives, just trying to get by, and that gives me hope. Yes, we're experiencing unrest, but maybe it's not too late. The streets erupt, but they calm down again. They're like the advance tremors of a large earthquake, and if we pay attention, maybe we can destress the cultural fault lines before things get really shaky and the foundations start crumbling. At least, that's my hope anyway.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #18
MichaelJScott
Zealot

It's been a while since I started using this site (found many readers who've enjoyed the books, too, thank you very much!), but in all that time I can't believe I've failed to mention our facebook page.

Yes, Jefferson's Road is on facebook. It's a suitable venue for keeping up on the latest and interacting with myself and other fans of the series. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.facebook.com/JeffersonsRoad
Old 11-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #19
MichaelJScott
Zealot

At this point in my writing "career," I have now finished or nearly finished five different novels. Of all of them, I can honestly say that Jefferson's Road: The Spirit of Resistance is the one of which I'm most proud. It was certainly the most satisfying to write: exploring these characters and the settings with this incredibly tense question hanging by a thread all the way through it. Seventy-five thousand words or so under a Damocles' sword. Nothing else I've written yet really comes close to that.

That being said, I'm quite proud and satisfied by the other books I've written, whether independently released or professionally published (or soon to be submitted). But this is still my favorite.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #20
MichaelJScott
Zealot

So if you've been following politics at all this past year (and it's kinda hard to avoid), you might've reached the point where you think "This can't get any worse."

The truth is: yes it can! The good news, however, is that it's just fiction. And maybe reading a little dystopian drama about how things go terribly wrong might make you feel a little better about how things are going now. Just a thought!

Give Jefferson's Road: The Spirit of Resistance a try. You'll see what I mean.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #21
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I received this comment from a friend via facebook just yesterday:

"I love all of your books and recommend them to my friends. You're one of my favorite writers. Who knew all those years ago that you would be this good at painting pictures and telling stories with words. Awesome!"

Granted, I grew up in church with this gentle lady - but I did not honestly expect such enthusiastic support, especially given the fact that I haven't really kept in contact since leaving home almost twenty five years ago. This is kinda cool, actually.

At any rate, I know Jefferson's Road: The Spirit of Resistance is one of her favorites. I bet you'll like it, too.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #22
MichaelJScott
Zealot

So Louis Farrakhan was quoted on the Drudge Report the other day as saying, "People soon kill their leaders."

My thoughts exactly. Which was why I wrote The Spirit of Resistance. Of course, Farrakhan wasn't giving a call to action, and neither am I. I just imagined the worst case scenario in our country, given our current divisiveness, and asked, "What would happen if...?"

The result is a frightening look at what could happen here, if we don't learn to live with our differences. I invite you to take a look and join the conversation.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #23
MichaelJScott
Zealot

It was at the tail end of an election season four years ago that I first started writing Jefferson's Road. No matter who wins the current race, the issues in this book remain timely and frightening. If you like political suspense and would love a good scare, I recommend this series.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #24
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Just won another "like" on facebook for Jefferson's Road. The fan base for this series continues to grow. Just check out some of the reviews the book received on Amazon, or better yet, read the book yourself and find out why.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #25
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Jefferson's Road: The Spirit of Resistance is available as a FREE Kindle download from Monday (August 6th) until Wednesday (August 8th). Everyone loves a great deal, so grab a copy while it’s free!

The first 100 people to Tweet the book or post a link to Facebook will be entered into a drawing to receive a free autographed copy of the paperback book.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VRZH84/
Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #26
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sounds interesting and perhaps prophetic!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #27
MichaelJScott
Zealot

So it seems 29% of the American population thinks we may need an armed revolution the near future. Yikes!

If you want to read a "What if?" scenario, check out Jefferson's Road: The Spirit of Resistance . It's a genuinly scary thriller.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #28
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I hope not, though I do remember something in the Declaration about the people having the right to abolish a government if it doesn't meet certain criteria. It'd be one way for Pres. Obama to assure his place in history if such did happen though, above and beyond being the 1st African American President. I hope fiction stays fiction.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I hope not, though I do remember something in the Declaration about the people having the right to abolish a government if it doesn't meet certain criteria. It'd be one way for Pres. Obama to assure his place in history if such did happen though, above and beyond being the 1st African American President. I hope fiction stays fiction.
Yep. Right on all counts. Thomas Jefferson said, "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion." We've gone 237 years, now, and our government is many times the size prescribed in our Constitution. I can see all of it happening, and like many great battles, it'd only take a single bullet (Revolution, WW1, etc.; hell, even Kent State). No telling how it would be once the dust settles.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #30
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Hmm... Jefferson's Road: The Spirit of Resistance hasn't shown up free yet on Amazon. I did notify them, but evidently, it hasn't taken just yet.

Anyone wanna let them know the book is free on Smashwords? Here's the Smashwords link: www.smashwords.com/books/view/19074