Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #106
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Sounds like a reasonable approach.
Don't fret; we're an impatient bunch but Pocketbook support has taught us patience.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #107
kalle17
kalle17 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302, PocketBook IQ701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
For Wifi: It is all about permissions. First, if you can, look in the /data/misc/dhcpcd folder and tell me if there is a file in there.
Yes. There is a file dhcpcd-eth0.lease (285 bytes) with some binary content inside. (I cannot connect market and Internet sites)

Should I delete it?

Last edited by kalle17; 11-24-2011 at 10:10 AM.
kalle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #108
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
I wish I could do so much more and I know everyone is excited but I have to put priorities on what counts...

Yes, it is the OpenGL drivers update. I will be experimenting with different mix of them in the next few days to find a good one to use.

for PB apps, it is possible but it will be a lot of work. Did you just copy the apps in the system/app folder or did you do something else? They will need some kind of conversion to be able to run.

For battery drain, it does drain faster. I think it has to do with the services it uses. I know one of the big drainer is Telephonyprovider and anything related to it. I might remove it and see if it improves battery life. Also, I need to look a bit furhter into the framework to see what I can do for the lockscreen and more.

For Wifi: It is all about permissions. First, if you can, look in the /data/misc/dhcpcd folder and tell me if there is a file in there.

i wish I could give everyone what they want but it is not going to be possible. Ultimately, the goal is to move on to Froyo, GB or ICS. Porting the SH20 ROM is good practice to know how to work with the OS and see what can be done.
What fjtorres said. I sometimes think better about what I need to do if I have someone to bounce some comments off; that's what I've been doing. You just continue working on your own pace; we have patience.

It would be great if we could get decreased battery consumption; in the mean time I'll charge it a bit more often.

With PB apps, I made a backup of all my apps, and then tried to reinstall. Sometimes I'd get a message saying that installing that app would replace an existing one, and sometimes that the app could not be installed. (Now having those apps is nothing crucial for me, I just wondered if I could use them or have something similar.)

OK, for the data folder, there's no /misc/dhcpcd folder on my IQ (or I don't know how to reach it). What I have in a couple of places is the following (I'm using the PB file manager) - when I go to Home, there's a data folder there; there is nothing in it. When I go to the PocketBook folder, there's an appdata/FileManager folder. And finally, there's a data folder on the SD card. It contains MortPlayer folder (for my music and audiobooks), com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup, and com.mobisystems.msdict.embedded.wireless.oxford.co ed. And a data.xml file. (Probably way too much information for you!)
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #109
Zeroful
Zeroful began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ
WiFi problems

Hi! I have the same troubles with WiFi connection : WiFi is connected but Market, Browser and any Internet Apps is not worked. I locate the bug: the troubles with connection is troubles with DNS!!! The IPConfig shows DNS1=0.0.0.0, DNS2=0.0.0.0!!

Anybody knows how to fix it?
Zeroful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #110
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Thank you all for the support. Tomorrow, I should be able to put some more time into the ROM so I'm confident I could fix a few things.

if you have something in data/misc/dhcpcd, that is good. If not, it means Android cannot create the wifi interface somehow. As I keep saying, this is all about file/folder permissions. I am testing a new set for them and will report back shortly on it.

I was able to remove USER & PB data and all seems stable. I have improved speed a bit and include a few things for the next Beta (which should be out over the weekend).
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #111
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Take your time and don't neglect important things in life. Finally this is just a toy.

And Gingerbread is for Christmas
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:59 AM   #112
kalle17
kalle17 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302, PocketBook IQ701
Maybe this it will be of help - I found out that I could connect Internet and Market but ONLY if WiFi connection I use is not encrypted.
kalle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #113
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle17 View Post
Maybe this it will be of help - I found out that I could connect Internet and Market but ONLY if WiFi connection I use is not encrypted.
Actually, you made me think of something... I saw that problem happening somewhere. Might be related to WPA supplicant.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 11-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #114
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
Did anyone test if the SH20 ROM is adhoc enabled?

(see also: http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Enable_Adhoc_Networking)
macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #115
Icewyng
Addict

Still working on the ROM. Got a few setbacks while trying to fix Wi-Fi (including my SDcard being erased!) but I see it will take a lot more work getting only 1 DATA partition instead of 3. I might keep things like this for now until I have more information on how to do it.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #116
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Still working on the ROM. Got a few setbacks while trying to fix Wi-Fi (including my SDcard being erased!) but I see it will take a lot more work getting only 1 DATA partition instead of 3. I might keep things like this for now until I have more information on how to do it.
I am not sure to understand the issue with the data partition(s). Do you have absolutely to reduce it to one, or is this something that we can live with?

Maybe an option to make things simpler would be to reduce the number of components/programs that you want to include in the software package or to work with a specific version of the firmware (e.g. 2.0.6) that is simpler.

Did any of the software packages you have tested up to now work out, except for the version you had shared with the JIT engine that was generally fine, but that was causing an issue with the Amazon app (DRM rights)?

Thanks.
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #117
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Tell me, what is the battery drain like for the firmware you're working on? Because I am more annoyed about that than anything else, even lack of WiFi. I now have to power off my IQ overnight or the battery is drained almost completely by morning, whereas I was able to leave it in sleep mode and have it almost full the next day.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #118
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Tell me, what is the battery drain like for the firmware you're working on? Because I am more annoyed about that than anything else, even lack of WiFi. I now have to power off my IQ overnight or the battery is drained almost completely by morning, whereas I was able to leave it in sleep mode and have it almost full the next day.
It is higher than usual but do not forget the battery is not set properly in the framework. I am playing with it right now to try to tweak everything.

Sorry about the lack of updates but this is taking considerably more time than expected. I just want to wait until I get something more stable before posting.