Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #16
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Welcome Jeff, to eBabel.

BBeB, LRF, pdb... oh my! It can make the head spin.

I downloaded the lit file of Mars Girl, and will convert it for Kindle. I will let you know what I think.

Good to have you here! New authors receptive to digital books are ALWAYS welcome!

I wish you much success!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #17
jgarrity
Enthusiast
jgarrity doesn't litterjgarrity doesn't litterjgarrity doesn't litter

Device: Adobe Reader
Thanks, Donagedden. I appreciate your help and good wishes.
jgarrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Jeff, although the desire to create as many formats as you can is laudable, I don't think you have to go that far! When I started e-publishing, I narrowed down the number of formats that the majority of users seem to prefer to a half-dozen. Since then, I now release my e-books as RTF (which most people can readily use to convert to the format of their choice), as well as 4 other popular formats. And I am also working on releasing books in the ePub format (possibly to replace the RTF format, as it will also allow conversion to other formats).

So I'd say choose a few popular formats, plus a format that others can use to convert to their preferred format. That'll keep you from knocking yourself out with each new book!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #19
jgarrity
Enthusiast
jgarrity doesn't litterjgarrity doesn't litterjgarrity doesn't litter

Device: Adobe Reader
I hadn't thought about RTF, but it makes sense for people willing to do the conversion. I also need to do some homework on epub. Is there a good source of info on epub and free software for converting files?

Sounds like the ebook industry will naturally whittle down the number of formats over time. So maybe when I have another book done, there won't be a need for so many.
jgarrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #20
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrity View Post
I hadn't thought about RTF, but it makes sense for people willing to do the conversion. I also need to do some homework on epub. Is there a good source of info on epub and free software for converting files?

Sounds like the ebook industry will naturally whittle down the number of formats over time. So maybe when I have another book done, there won't be a need for so many.
Feedbooks can output in ePub.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrity View Post

Book Glutton also does epub conversions. I have not played with it that much because I am not all that impressed with the epub format.

http://www.bookglutton.com/api/getepub
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you update Mars Girl to fix the errors, would it please be possible to make the small font size 10? You can get to a larger front from there by going to medium. So starting at 10 works quite nicely. Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Madam Broshkina did you ever post an updated version of Mars Girl to fix the faulty chapter numbering?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote