Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Double page turn

I know there was a thread a while back but I can't find it now

My Touch has just started having another issue.
Sometimes my tap to turn the page will not register but when I tap again the page turns twice. Then (as long as I notice this!!) I have to back page to get to the correct place. Sometimes the correct page flashes up very briefly but I'm not sure if that always happens as I use the page turn time to gaze into the distance in an attempt to relax my eyes...

I have never seen this previously but due to the Storage Error problem I am currently only using my Kobo for books that I have synced through the Desktop App. Previously all my books were loaded using Calibre. With my current book it is happening every couple of pages - it's quite annoying to put it mildly.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
If you tap (actually touch the screen), wait a moment before double-tapping; the processor may be catching up.

Also, depending on the background lighting, and shadows from the bevel, tapping doesn't always "take".

Although I occasionally experience the double page turn, so far for me its been related to a "sloppy" tap.

Did you know you can turn the page without actually touching the screen? It's the "light beam being interrupted" as opposed to the physical touch that triggers the KT to respond.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
Yeah, I've turned the page without touching the screen.

As far as the double page turn is concerned though, it has been my experience that when I tap and the page doesn't turn, nothing will happen until I tap again, no matter how long I wait between taps (but I haven't taken that to extremes, just to the limits of my patience) or how quickly I tap again. I've even switched it up by tapping the center of the screen for the second tap. The page will turn and then bring up the menu bar.

The good news is that I haven't been seeing this bug as much lately.
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
I get this too. Not sure why it happens though..
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Somehow it is missing the "finger-up" part of the first tap, then counts it as a double tap on the repeated tap.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well a bit more information on this issue.
As I indicated in my OP I haven't noticed this previously. But due to the Storage Error problem I changed to syncing my Touch with the Desktop App to load my books. I read 2 books and had to put up with the Double Tap - Double page problem.
Then I purchased a book from Amazon and used Calibre to convert and load the book. Luckily I somehow managed to avoid the Storage Error but to my complete amazement I also got the read the entire book without a Double Tap error either!!

So for those who have experienced the Double Tap problem - is it only with Kobo synced books? Or have you seen it with side loaded books as well?

It could be a huge coincidence but right now I am very happy that it seems to have gone away. Fingers crossed that the Storage Error stays away too. I actually enjoyed using my Touch for the first time in a few weeks - that iPad was just getting too heavy for me to use - and my husband wanted it back.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I think that's a coincidence. I almost exclusively use Calibre and I still ( rarely) get the doule tap issue.
Probably about once or twice in a read of a book I suppose.

On 1.9.9
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
HarleyB
Fanatic

Once or twice per book and I probably wouldn't even notice it!
With the book I read a few days ago I was lucky to get 10 pages without a double page. At one stage it happened 3 page turns in a row. I must say I was thinking very bad thoughts about my Touch at that point.

I turned the Touch off and back on, I resynced my books, I cleaned the screen, I washed my hands, I did everything I could think of to try and stop it.
The only thing that seems to have worked was starting a different book - and I can't begin to imagine why that would help?