Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
knightzx2000
knightzx2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage edge
Pocketbook 903 demonstration

here is the video : http://armdevices.net/2010/09/03/pocketbook-903-pro/

After seeing this, I definitely buy the Entourage Edge!!!
knightzx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Why? I think the demostration was pretty nice if you take into account that it's eink technology. Specially the scribble app (look iPad that's how it's done!).

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I was looking forward to this. Very disappointing.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
PDowns
Enthusiast
PDowns doesn't litterPDowns doesn't litter

Device: (jetBook)lost in mail;(Kobo;ipod touch;Samsung S
[QUOTE=knightzx2000;1091031]here is the video : http://armdevices.net/2010/09/03/pocketbook-903-pro/

But did you notice all the Tablets. Wow now that is confusing, trying to pick just one out of what 12 or more!!
PDowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
You guys have me wondering what's going on. My office blocks videos etc so I can't watch it now. What exactly is the let down if you don't mind me asking?
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
You guys have me wondering what's going on. My office blocks videos etc so I can't watch it now. What exactly is the let down if you don't mind me asking?
It's more what's covered in the video, I think, which is not very much, and what is covered is done slowly, with a lot of overhead glare on the screen. The PB903 might well be pretty good but it's not shown well here.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I couldn't watch all of the video, too painful, but it seemed very slow and incomplete. Old e-ink version also. It does have a less glossy screen though.

Did you check out a live copy of the nook when it first came out? It reminds me of that. Maybe not quite as bad.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
It looks a bit slow, but I don't know if much faster can be achieved with this type of screen. Responsiveness of the screen is also so-so. Other than that it looks like a nice device, I like the design, and the quality of the screen looks good, it would be interesting to see it side by side with a pearl screen though.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
It's more what's covered in the video, I think, which is not very much, and what is covered is done slowly, with a lot of overhead glare on the screen. The PB903 might well be pretty good but it's not shown well here.

Graham
The glare is a lighting problem due to the room, not the screen. This is a Wacom touch screen. There is no glare.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
SameOldStory
My True Self

The new new PRS-650 screen speed.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The glare is a lighting problem due to the room, not the screen. This is a Wacom touch screen. There is no glare.
Yes, that's why I phrased it as "a lot of overhead glare on the screen". Sorry if that came across as a criticism of the screen; it wasn't intended to be.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
SameOldStory
My True Self

This video looks better.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Any word on prices?

No left hand buttons?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

Graham
Thanks, can't wait for some hands on/ reviews
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:06 AM   #15
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Nice ebook reader.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote