Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
temp
temp began at the beginning.

Device: none
pocketbook 903 pro

(if it's not news, just delete this thread..)

i've been waiting for the pocketbook 903 pro for quite a while and today for the first time i saw it for sale here

400euro, delivery at mid november

have a good day

Last edited by temp; 10-11-2010 at 10:05 PM.
temp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Russeliz
Russeliz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Pocketbook pro 903 in USA

Where can I buy the Pocketbook Pro 903 in the USA, or is it not yet available?
Russeliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Not available from within the US.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Oddemann
Oddemann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocketbook Pro 903 (returned), ipad 3G
Hello

I just phurchased pro 903 an its really awful. The menu changes are slow and flickering. My mathematics books; all the graphs dissappear and the text is very bad. Also the unit is freezing itselves and i have to reset. Event the fonts on the calendar on the standard homepage is very poor!

STAY AWAY.

Regards
Odd
Oddemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
$400 Euro! Christ! I wouldn't pay that much for any ebook reader!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:48 AM   #6
Oddemann

Hello

I can add that i purchased a Kindle DX Graphite and its exellent with PDF`s. It even has a free 3G connection.

Oddemann
Old 10-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #7
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddemann View Post
Hello

I just phurchased pro 903 an its really awful. The menu changes are slow and flickering. My mathematics books; all the graphs dissappear and the text is very bad. Also the unit is freezing itselves and i have to reset. Event the fonts on the calendar on the standard homepage is very poor!

STAY AWAY.

Regards
Odd
Oddemann,
My thought is you got a bad one. Take/send it back and check out the replacement if you like the specs.

The 400EURO is a real show stopper though. At least over here in the USA.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:43 AM   #8
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
The 400EURO is a real show stopper though. At least over here in the USA.
The kindle DX is sold for 399 at easereader.nl.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Hello

I can add that i purchased a Kindle DX Graphite and its exellent with PDF`s. It even has a free 3G connection.

Oddemann
Many would disagree with this assessment; the Kindle's PDF handling is rather poor compared to most other devices.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #10
Oddemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Many would disagree with this assessment; the Kindle's PDF handling is rather poor compared to most other devices.
Have you tried a Kindle DXG?

I have about 50pdf`s on my DXG, some are 1200 page calculus books, and and others are 500 pages normal books. In none of mye pdfs did i have problem reading the text or the equations and graphs as i had with pro 903. Some of the pdf`s loads slowly, or that page changes takes time, but after starting to read a book and using the bookmark function i usually never have problems reading. With pro 903 it often freezed so i had to restart it, never has happened to the DXG. So DXG could be slow on som large pdf`s, but works and shows all info. Pro 903 freeze, has problems with scaling text and showing graphs.

And 903 is a more expensive than the DXG. And the DXG even has a free 3G connection. I believe the DXG is the best reader on the marked for pdf`s.

Regards
Odd
Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #11
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
I disagree on this .. I have DXG, it does not have the PDF features of much cheaper Kindle 3 like re-flow, zooming PDF page into 2/4/6 parts, etc. ... I was disappointed with Amazon for abandoning DXG without any firmware updates for PDF .. I am now using Sony ereader 350 with excellent PDF features, leave DXG in my drawer ..

Quote:
Have you tried a Kindle DXG?

I have about 50pdf`s on my DXG, some are 1200 page calculus books, and and others are 500 pages normal books. In none of mye pdfs did i have problem reading the text or the equations and graphs as i had with pro 903. Some of the pdf`s loads slowly, or that page changes takes time, but after starting to read a book and using the bookmark function i usually never have problems reading. With pro 903 it often freezed so i had to restart it, never has happened to the DXG. So DXG could be slow on som large pdf`s, but works and shows all info. Pro 903 freeze, has problems with scaling text and showing graphs.

And 903 is a more expensive than the DXG. And the DXG even has a free 3G connection. I believe the DXG is the best reader on the marked for pdf`s.

Regards
Odd
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
I disagree on this .. I have DXG, it does not have the PDF features of much cheaper Kindle 3 like re-flow, zooming PDF page into 2/4/6 parts, etc. ...
The Kindle 3 does not support PDF reflow.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote