Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
PocketBook chess

Hi!

I have PocketBook 301+ and I like to play chess. But I didn't like the chess program that goes in the standard PocketBook games collection.

So, I've started my own project.

Project web page
pbchess for Amazon Kindle
Russian forum thread

Any ideas/proposals are welcomed!

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 10-02-2011 at 11:49 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post

Any ideas/proposals are welcomed!
Supported models: 902 (poshaluista!!)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Supported models: 902 (poshaluista!!)
Waiting for SDK for PB 602/603/902/903.
My thread: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17124
It it promised in the end of Jan 2011. So, It will be not difficult to make this program work for these devices if the SDK is available

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 12-25-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Do inkview programs built with current SDKs not work on [69]0[23] family? I was rather hoping they would.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
berpdreyfuss
Enthusiast
berpdreyfuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for working on a different chess program.
It doesn't work on my 360. I'm using FW 15.3 b, not the latest, but the version before that. It refreshes once if I select it, but stays on the page with the applications. Any ideas?

Ok, I solved it. I hadn't downloaded the whole zip file, just the latest .app file.

It works now, thank you.

Last edited by berpdreyfuss; 12-26-2010 at 01:56 PM.
berpdreyfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
berpdreyfuss
Enthusiast

I played a few games and encountered some bugs.

Three times while playing, one time in puzzle mode, I had an "engine error". If I closed and reopened the game it would work again, but one time I had changed from playing white to playing black.
One time it happened right after promoting a pawn. I couldn't make the error come up consistently in the puzzle mode by playing the same moves.

Once I captured a pawn en passant, my pawn would make the move, but the other pawn wasn't removed from the board.

Great work so far, I like it much more than the original chess application!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by berpdreyfuss View Post
I played a few games and encountered some bugs.

Three times while playing, one time in puzzle mode, I had an "engine error". If I closed and reopened the game it would work again, but one time I had changed from playing white to playing black.
One time it happened right after promoting a pawn. I couldn't make the error come up consistently in the puzzle mode by playing the same moves.

Once I captured a pawn en passant, my pawn would make the move, but the other pawn wasn't removed from the board.

Great work so far, I like it much more than the original chess application!
berpdreyfuss, Thanks a lot for your bug-reports! You will be the first my bug-reporter
To help me fix them please do the following:
1. Install the latest version (1.0.3.402) that have some bugfixes (see project news);
2. If you find an error next time, please send me the log file: /mnt/ext1/.pbchess/pbchess.log.txt from device along with error report. That's will be enough for me for fixing; This log file contains all your games from the moment of installation!
3. You can post bug-reports either to this forum or (better) directly to my project bugs tracker: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...2&atid=1578680 (use "Add new") to add a bug report. You can also attach a log file here using "Upload a file attachment";

P.S. I'm also waiting for you proposals here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...2&atid=1578683
Old 12-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

I managed to reproduce the problem with enpassant (bug report: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func...2&atid=1578680)
Will be fixed soon.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
berpdreyfuss
Enthusiast

I didn't have any engine errors in the new version yet. Thanks for the fixes in the latest version!

One feature that I really like to have, which is already on the list, is the undo function. I often move one square too far because of the slow response time of the reader when moving the cursor around. I don't know if that can be improved, when I move in the normal menus of the 360 it lags a bit as well, but in the game it is even slower.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Ok,
Thanks for feedback!
I'll implement "undo" after 1.1.0 version will be released. In this version I will add 2 new chess engines: fruit and glaurung, human to human playing mode. And after that the "undo" will be implemented.

But, I'll try to fix the "slow responce time" of 360 in 1.0.3. In my 301+ I have no such a problem...
Old 01-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #11
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

berpdreyfuss, In the latest version (pbchess-1.0.3.439) you can turn off Anti-aliasing option for fonts (Font/Anti-aliasing). It should improve cursor response time for 360. Please let me know does it work.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #12
berpdreyfuss
Enthusiast

Great! It works now like it should. This setting should be default. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by berpdreyfuss View Post
Great! It works now like it should. This setting should be default. Thanks.
Right, it will be default for PB360 in the next version.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #14
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbchess now available for PocketBook 602/603/902/903 !

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 02-14-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #15
fragile
Connoisseur
fragile began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
sergeyvl12

Not really related to your app, but would you happen to know where I can find the documentation for the SDK. I download it from pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net but there seems to be no documentation there!
fragile is offline   Reply With Quote