Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
PRS-600 Stylus

If anyone has to return their PRS600 for replacement or has otherwise acquired a broken one I would love to buy the stylus off you. I am unable to acquire one despite much tears and recriminations directed at Sony and the store I bought it from and it is driving me nuts.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I don't want to make light of you not having a Sony stylus, but have you tried other ones? I'm thinking of the rows of different styluses (styli?) in the handheld-games section at Best Buy and Wal-mart. Maybe one of those will do until you can find an actual replacement? If I see any packages of styluses in my wanderings, I'll compare their features with my Sony's. Diameter would be the deciding factor, I'm sure; you could always carve a slot in the tab at the top so it would sit properly in the slot, as long as the body of the stylus is slender enough.

I only bring this up because I have kids with gaming systems who always lose the stylus. They've used any number of things as replacements, including plastic automatic-pencil barrels, and short wooden knitting needles (wooden cable needles intended for knitting work particularly well).
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineNH View Post
I don't want to make light of you not having a Sony stylus, but have you tried other ones? I'm thinking of the rows of different styluses (styli?) in the handheld-games section at Best Buy and Wal-mart. Maybe one of those will do until you can find an actual replacement? If I see any packages of styluses in my wanderings, I'll compare their features with my Sony's. Diameter would be the deciding factor, I'm sure; you could always carve a slot in the tab at the top so it would sit properly in the slot, as long as the body of the stylus is slender enough.

I only bring this up because I have kids with gaming systems who always lose the stylus. They've used any number of things as replacements, including plastic automatic-pencil barrels, and short wooden knitting needles (wooden cable needles intended for knitting work particularly well).
I appreciate your post. There is no question that any stylus will do and I am in fact using an after market stylus accessory at the moment but the beauty of the device is that it has a slot for the stylus to go and when I stick the reader in my pocket or purse or whatever it is always with it. A separate unattached stylus is much less likely to be remembered. It is doubtful that I could craft a stylus that would fit and secure into the device in a fashion that would be workable, particularly since I already lost the one that did fit into the device after it fell out of its appointed slot. The device has a two part fit (width of the cross bar and size of the tab) in addition to the diameter of the stylus itself. The issue is particularly pressing for me as I actually purchased this device with a view to using it for taking notes and annotating documents for work so I need a stylus on a regular basis.

Anyway, long story short, all I want is for a replacement stylus to fit and stay into the slot but as of yet Sony is not providing one, none of the third party stylus makers are making one and nothing out there currently will fit the bill exactly. I am frustrated and I am doing my best to find a more creative source, hence my posting.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
psercki
psercki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 and nook
Just wanted to let you know, Sony now has the stylus in stock.
psercki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:44 AM   #5
conundrum
Enthusiast
conundrum began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
if i can find mine (its in my workshop somewhere) i'll let you know.

-A
"Bother" said Pooh, as he ejected the warp core...
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert