Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
katiesommer
katiesommer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
TOC out of order after InDesign export

This is the fourth epub I've created from InDesign, and while I'm no expert, I feel like I have some experience under my belt, but for some reason I cannot figure this out!

I added a page--only of text--in my InDesign document, and gave it its own chapter heading, and updated the TOC. But no matter what I do, after I export to epub, that page appears at the END of the epub, not where it's supposed to be.

In the generated TOC in InDesign, it is perfect; same when I PDF it.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? It's driving me nuts.

Thank you.

Last edited by katiesommer; 05-23-2013 at 01:41 PM.
katiesommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Question, do you mean it is the last page in the reading order, or the last page in the TOC (Nav Doc)?

If it's the last page in the reading order, and InDesign is being touch, I would suggest going and updating the spine section of the Package Document (.opf) file to move it where you want it to be.

Otherwise (assuming that it's exporting in the NavDocument), going and fixing the Nav Doc (it's html) will fix it for you.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert