Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
lhamilton
lhamilton began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500, prs-600, ebookwise
New 2Gb SD Card on 505

I've just put in in a 2Gb SD card in my Sony 505. Calibre recognized it OK and uploaded books to it. But I can't see the books in my main book listing from the Sony itself. I seem to have to go to the Browse Folders -->SD Card -->and about three steps after that to get the book to appear.... It wasn't like this on my 500. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
lhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:47 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhamilton View Post
I've just put in in a 2Gb SD card in my Sony 505. Calibre recognized it OK and uploaded books to it. But I can't see the books in my main book listing from the Sony itself. I seem to have to go to the Browse Folders -->SD Card -->and about three steps after that to get the book to appear.... It wasn't like this on my 500. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
Are you using PRS+?

If so, then I think you must have SD/MS card scan disabled (under PRS+ Settings - Browse Folders). If you have a 1000 or more books on your SD card it's my understanding that having it disabled is desirable otherwise it will rescan and rebuild the db every time you disconnect it from the usb port. This takes forever and a day the more books you have.

If you only have a few hundred then enable the scan and see how it works.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-21-2011 at 07:48 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
I'm with you on this one dwanthny, almost definitely PRS+ installed as exactly steps you go through on 505... and Browse Folders is a PRS+ Menu item...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Are you using PRS+?

If so, then I think you must have SD/MS card scan disabled (under PRS+ Settings - Browse Folders). If you have a 1000 or more books on your SD card it's my understanding that having it disabled is desirable otherwise it will rescan and rebuild the db every time you disconnect it from the usb port. This takes forever and a day the more books you have.

If you only have a few hundred then enable the scan and see ho it works.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
If you don't need features offered by PRS+, why bother?
Simply flash with http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...%20Special.exe
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
lhamilton
lhamilton began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500, prs-600, ebookwise
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Are you using PRS+?

If you only have a few hundred then enable the scan and see how it works.
Great! That worked! I have only a few hundred so it should be fine. Thanks!
lhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert