Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
oscarb
oscarb began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
SOLVED!: Pocket Pro EZReader Internal Memory Problem =/

Hello everyone!

Before anything else, let me introduce myself n_n my name is oscar and I'm very grateful to be a part of this great community, I find it very helpful because there's a lot of interesting topics for astak reader owners n_n. I wish I can be of help sometime, I'm from mexico and if there's anyone that need some english-spanish translation please don't hesitate asking.

Well now, I've received my Ezreader a couple days ago, and overall I'm very pleased with it, I'm already using lbook firmware and I find it to be very fast and responsive, although with some bugs for mac users (no usb connection).

The thing is i have a very strange problem with my device's internal memory, I accidentally flashed it while trying to flash an SD card, and now i can't see any files that i put in it, they show in de PC, but not when i change from SD storage to Built in. I've tried re flashing it using various tools, and updating astak firmware afterwards with no success, a bigger problem with it is that setting won't stay on it, every time i reboot the device i have to reset time and date, as well as other settings, with is pretty frustrating, so if any of you have any other ideas they'll very much appreciated.

I don't want to send it back to astak cuz i live in mexico and i'm not willing to pay 30 dlls an RMA for a 200 dlls device that it's actually working for the most part.

so thank you guys and, keep feeding the mind! =)

Last edited by oscarb; 06-05-2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Problem successfully solved! n_n
oscarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarb View Post
Hello everyone!

Before anything else, let me introduce myself n_n my name is oscar and I'm very grateful to be a part of this great community, I find it very helpful because there's a lot of interesting topics for astak reader owners n_n. I wish I can be of help sometime, I'm from mexico and if there's anyone that need some english-spanish translation please don't hesitate asking.

Well now, I've received my Ezreader a couple days ago, and overall I'm very pleased with it, I'm already using lbook firmware and I find it to be very fast and responsive, although with some bugs for mac users (no usb connection).

The thing is i have a very strange problem with my device's internal memory, I accidentally flashed it while trying to flash an SD card, and now i can't see any files that i put in it, they show in de PC, but not when i change from SD storage to Built in. I've tried re flashing it using various tools, and updating astak firmware afterwards with no success, a bigger problem with it is that setting won't stay on it, every time i reboot the device i have to reset time and date, as well as other settings, with is pretty frustrating, so if any of you have any other ideas they'll very much appreciated.

I don't want to send it back to astak cuz i live in mexico and i'm not willing to pay 30 dlls an RMA for a 200 dlls device that it's actually working for the most part.

If you turn it OFF/Reboot, you have to set Time and Date. That is how it works.

If you do not connect by USB, There is no way to normally put any books upon the internal memory (storage).

That said: Lbook FW allows you to copy TO the other storage
( I say, other, because it is where you start from. It works in either direction.)
Find a title/folder in the regular list (not recently read)
Now Long press (5 seconds or so), a menu appears.
2. is copy to other storage. OK to start.
Done

You can't see INTERNAL storage on your PC if you Do Not use USB.

BTW you don't "flash" the book storage. That only applies to the internal O/S area. Originally, there was the manual in the storage. English and Chinese

And
Welcome
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome, Oscar!! Duckey is right!!

Quote:
Hello everyone!

Dear Oscar:

I work for Astak and welcome to our forum!!

the Ducks is right. The visible clock needs to be reset each time you shut the device off. The visible clock was a firmware upgrade and thus there was no separate battery for the clock.

Luckily, there should be no need to ever turn the device off. E-Ink screens display the image with no use of power. So, you can leave the device "on" all the time and still get great long charge life. You can also do a keyboard lock by simply hitting the power off quickly and not holding it down for three seconds.

In future models, where they actually "build in" the clock then it will have battery power. The idea of the visible clock came to assist people who wanted to do library book borrowing. As an add-on it is very nice... it just needs the device to be left "on".

Thank you for buying an Astak device and please join us at:www.EZread.com to purchase books OR download from 1 MILLION free eBooks from the Google library.

My Pocket PRO sits in my bag for weeks at time in the "on" position without any loss of power.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
oscarb

Quote:
You can't see INTERNAL storage on your PC if you Do Not use USB.

BTW you don't "flash" the book storage. That only applies to the internal O/S area
That's right theDucks, but, what i meant was that lbook firmware can't connect to my mac via USB, hence I can't see internal memory files of course, but I also have a PC where the device shows the files stored in there just fine.

The thing is, they don't show in the bookshelf menu on the device when i change from SD to built-in storage.

And by "flashing" the internal memory i meant formatting it n_n perhaps i'm not being very clear at all, sorry 'bout that, my english is proven to be sloppy at best =)

oh and it doesn't matter if i copy files using the files manager of the lbook FW, they still wont show when i swap memory storage devices.:S

Quote:
My Pocket PRO sits in my bag for weeks at time in the "on" position without any loss of power.
Ohh even though it is a shame that the device doesn't have an internal clock battery, it's good to know that i can leave it on for a long period of time (i still have to reboot it when i flash it :/), thanks robertb!

oh! and do you have any ideas regarding my internal memory problem?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Fincary
Fincary began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150; Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Nook
Try this thread. It may help you out.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79036
Fincary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
oscarb

Fincary originally wrote:
Quote:
Try this thread. It may help you out.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79036
WOW! Thank you very much fincary, this actually worked like a charm!
astak should advise not to use any other formatting tool than windows 7 default one when formatting the internal memory! Thank you everyone for your help and advise!

Last edited by oscarb; 06-05-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Ohh even though it is a shame that the device doesn't have an internal clock battery, it's good to know that i can leave it on for a long period of time (i still have to reboot it when i flash it :/), thanks robertb!
The clock keeps reasonable time (remembers: Automobile clocks of the 60's ). Only a few minutes off in weeks.

You should not need to Flash that often
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote