Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Excel to PDF?

I have a simple table in Excel that I want to be able to read on my Nook. (Obviously, editing is out of the question!) With my Classic Nook, I just printed the spreadsheet as a PDF, sideloaded it and it worked fine. But with my new STR, it looks as though it tries to reflow the PDF--even though I thought the STR doesn't reflow PDFs--and completely destroys the table format. That makes it unreadable.

Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be PDF, but I don't know of an easy way to convert Excel to ePub.
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Hello DTM,

Until I realized that calibre has the ability to create an EPUB catalog, I was importing CSV info into Excel and printing as PDF. It worked fine on my NOOK Simple Touch, with no reflow/reformatting at all.

However, I use the golden-oldie Excel 2000. So, to print as PDF, I had to install
PrimoPDF. The PDF's created by PrimoPDF work fine on my STR. I haven't tried PDF's created directly by Excel.

PrimoPDF is simple to use and there is/was a true freeware version, not a time-limited trial. My copy is 3-years old; don't know if current version functions the same way.

Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Marty. Although I have Excel 2007, I have not installed the PDF option--I rarely need it--and have been using CutePDF Writer. Maybe that's the key. I'll give PrimoPDF a try and see what happens.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank

Finally got a chance to give it a try, and neither the Excel option nor PrimoPDF made a difference. But thanks for trying!