Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Keeping track of what I've read

Somebody herein mentioned that the Kindle's every bookmark appears in the Clippings.txt file. I had wondered what all the lines in there were, since I hadn't clipped anything -- so thanks!

So now, when I have the Kindle connected via USB to my computer, I remove those excess lines to clear the Clippings.txt file ..... but I move them into a BooksIveRead.txt file. Reduce the lines to just one per book, and voila -- a quick way to store the title (and sometimes author) of what I have read.

Where the author isn't included, I add it. I also am trying to include the date of publication of the book, just for future reference.

If you like to keep track of stuff that you've read -- try this technique! I have a similar list from my Palm PDA's for the past 10 years, so now I'll keep a list about my Kindle.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote