Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #421
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Naxos AudioBooks has a series of podcasts covering the major works of Charles Dickens. Each one contains an introduction and excerpts from the books. There are a total of 17 podcasts in MP3 format. Total listening time is 7 hr 56 min. They can be downloaded individually or as a single ZIP package.
For you Audible-fanatics, all of these are also available at no charge at Audible.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #422
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
For you Audible-fanatics, all of these are also available at no charge at Audible.
Thanks; and here's a link
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #423
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: -- Home is where the RV stops (Texas ~6 months/year)
Device: Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD, Paperwhite,Android & Windpws phones
Available free now at NoiseTrade (http://noisetrade.com/wendellberry/jayber-crow)

Jayber Crow: A Novel (Audiobook) by Wendell Berry
LJJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #424
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The following offers expire today (Wed 19 Jun):
Old 06-20-2013, 03:29 AM   #425
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Audible is having another sale. Buy one, get one. 2 books for 1 credit. There is a list of over 200 books to choose from. Sale ends June 26 @ 11:59 PM ET.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2013, 04:14 AM   #426
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Audible is having another sale. Buy one, get one. 2 books for 1 credit. There is a list of over 200 books to choose from. Sale ends June 26 @ 11:59 PM ET.
Would you please post a link to this sale so I can include it in the OP. I have a basic membership without credits and never see these sales. They only work for those with credits.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #427
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Would you please post a link to this sale so I can include it in the OP. I have a basic membership without credits and never see these sales. They only work for those with credits.

Thanks
Members only http://www.audible.com/sp/2for1
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:47 AM   #428
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Thanks for the link. Added to the OP.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #429
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sync Week 4 is now available:
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #430
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Audible should send an email saying they're doing that and lists all the books with a link to purchase more credits.... they would get more sales that way.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #431
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Not for light members..again. *sigh*
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #432
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Not for light members..again. *sigh*
I didn't think light members got any credits (you need them for the sale)?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #433
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I didn't think light members got any credits (you need them for the sale)?
I have credits from before I went light.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #434
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Update!

I emailed Audible about my inability to use the link and I got a phone call from them. After trying both Chrome and IE, I am unable to see the sale banner when I sign in. They promised me that my being a legacy Premium Listener had nothing to do with whatever the problem is. They were kind enough to issue me an additional credit (now I have 3 instead of 2) and because I can't see the banner or link to the sale books, I am not tied to the 200 books being used as part of the sale!

I retract the bad comments I made about Audible trying to get rid of legacy memberships. There really does seem to be some kind of glitch.

I am now going shopping!
Well, I started jumping through hoops trying to get in on the current sale... again. This time the results are not positive. I'm now told that I am not able to participate "specifically" because I am a legacy member.

Quote:
Thank you very much for contacting Audible.

I understand you are unable to take advantage of the BOGO promotion. I'll be glad to help you with that.

After checking on your account and the terms and conditions for this promotion, I found that right now the account has a PremiumListener plan and the promotion doesn't apply for this kind of membership since this is a very old plan.

I submitted this issue to our Promotions team, they will check on this and as soon as they have a resolution for you they will send you an email to let you know.

I understand you received an email to take advantage of this and it could be disappointed for you to know this. I really sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you, for this I issued 1 more credit to your account so you can purchase of any other audiobook.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you feel about the service I provided by answering the question below. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

If you need assistance about any other topic, feel free to contact us either by replying to this email or by calling us at 1-888-283-5051. Thanks again for contacting Audible and all the best for the coming weekend.
I've responded that this is not good customer service for a longtime member. I'm keeping my membership but I'll be buying fewer books and getting more from the library (I'm currently listening to the latest David Sedaris via the library).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #435
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

I've responded that this is not good customer service for a longtime member. I'm keeping my membership but I'll be buying fewer books and getting more from the library (I'm currently listening to the latest David Sedaris via the library).
Not good customer service? They give you a free credit and let you stay on a grandfathered plan that is a better deal than any promo-eligible member gets? Geesh.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote