Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
Sharone
Enthusiast
Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle (3) Keyboard
K4B now?

Hi everyone

I need help deciding whether to buy a K4B now. Here's my dilemma. I have a Kindle (3) Keyboard that I am not yet ready to replace. I am very happy with the screen on my KK, I just wish the Kindle was a bit lighter. The new K4B (or something like) is the device I would like to replace it with. It's because I am looking for a non-touch high contrast eReader, without lights. I'm worried that by the time I am ready to replace my KK (probably in about a year), Amazon will no longer have a non-Touch option shipping internationally.

What do you guys think? Will there be a non-Touch model in the next Kindle generation?

Thanks,
Sharone
Sharone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I would get it; the contrast is amazing and the background color is cream instead of grey on the new model. I bought a K4B even though I have a K4S and a PW. Granted, it does not get any use because of the PW, but I could not return it once I saw the screen!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I would keep your K3K - it doesn't sound like there's a real reason to upgrade at this point. It sounds to me more like you're just getting a gadget upgrade jones... Go read a book, the feeling of a need to upgrade will pass.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I love my K4B! You will find you will use it more than the K3. I am worried about Amazon Quality Control which is why I want to get a back up just in case. I say get a K4B you will love it! It's a great little reader. It's so tiny and easy to hold specially if you have small hands like I do.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
I also have a kindle keyboard. I bought the K4B for its size. Very handy to hit the road with. Great screen. I still use the keyboard, but the K4B became the main reader.
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
I've had a K3G for two years and bought a K4B a few weeks ago as a lighter, leaner backup. I'm on a 9,000 mile, 2.5 week trip right now and the K4 is working out well. It is smaller and lighter than the KK, its e-ink screen is just as good, and its lack of 3G connectivity has not been an issue since WiFi is everywhere and I've got more than enough reading material loaded anyway.

I purchased the SO version (my KK is not a SO model) and again, this has not been an annoyance. At $69 and free shipping with Prime it's hard to beat the K4B!
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
It wouldn't hurt much to upgrade to the newer Kindle. But, it doesn't sound like it's TOO necessary.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
baggyrinkle
Early Adoptor
baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle3 Kindle4 Kindle Fire Kindle PW2
I started with a Kindle K2 several years ago, passed it on to my daughter after I bought a K3KB when it came out. When the K4NT came out I bought one. Now I find I read mostly between the K4NT and my Kindle Fire. I'll keep the K3 forever just for back up and notes. In my opinion the K4NT now the K4B is the best value of all the Kindles. If you have the three I think you will be like me and wind up reading mostly on the K4.
baggyrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Sharone
Enthusiast
Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle (3) Keyboard
Ok, so you guys think that next generation will still have a non touch model?
Sharone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Difficult to say, Sharone. I hope so, but Kobo sells touch only, B&N as well, though they have hardware page turn "buttons". Amazon could decide keep a non touch version to differentiate themselves in the mainstream market, or, the opposite, decide , as did B&N and Kobo, that non touch is not interesting enough any more.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, k4b, kindle 3, kindle keyboard